Height on front Full Size AC

dennych1

Thinking about ordering a BH 3160 and since they install a full size + hight AC unit in the bedroom has anybody had problems with this with low branches and such.
Thanks Dennis

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that if you order the second AC up front it will be a low profile.
The following is taken from the Heartlandrvs web site.

EXTERIOR

• 6 Point “Level Up” Auto Leveling System
  • Moryde Hitch
  • Partial Paint (Two Coices: Graphite, Mocha)
  • Slide-Topper Awnings
  • Dual Pane Framless Windows
  • Generator Prep
  • 5.5 Onan Generator (ask dealer)
  • 2nd Low Profile 13.5 BTU Fully Ducted Bedroom A/C
  • Electric Power Cord Reel w/ 34´ Cord (N/A 3755FL)
  • Heat Pump Options (ask dealer for details)
  • Yeti Extreme Weather Package
  • 11/4˝Acessory Receiver
  • Outdoor Entertainment

Peace
Dave

Birchwood

Insist on a low profile 13.5 BTU low profile Penguin and it will have factory height specs that I assume will meet all state highway guidelines.

danemayer

I'm sure lots of us have had problems with low hanging branches. But trees don't discriminate against A/C units and are just as likely to damage the skylights, vents, ladder, or the rubber roof itself. If you have low-hanging branches, you probably ought to get them trimmed.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I don't know about the 3160 but my 3585 came with the full profile and the height is quoted as 12' 11 1/2".

dennych1

Bsummit I would think your unit is higher then 12'11" . I think I would measure it. Sales rep said you cant order a low profile from factory you have to get it from dealer.

danemayer

Suggest you measure the height of your rig on level ground while hitched to the tow vehicle. The front A/C is typically the highest point. If you rest a 2x4 across the top of the A/C cover, you can drop a tape measure to an assistant on the ground and get a reading that is accurate. Ours turned out to be 13'1".

I set the GPS to 13'3" to allow a couple of extra inches for resurfacing of the road under a low clearance where they may neglect to update the signs. I don't know how likely it would be to run into a situation like that, but I'm not real interested in finding out.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Bsummit I would think your unit is higher then 12'11" . I think I would measure it. Sales rep said you cant order a low profile from factory you have to get it from dealer.

The 12'11 1/2" is what the spec's said. But I have not put a tape on. I guess I should do that.

pegmikef

Mine is right at 13', but I like 13' 6" for a minimum as I don't really trust the accuracy of the signage.