Help a newbie out with a measurement?

wilsonxjr

Hello all! We are new full-timers, and new RV/Truck owners as well. Covid kicked our plans and we ended up with our 2021 Cyclone 4007 first about three months ago and have been relying on friends to move us from park-to-park. We finally got our tow vehicle (2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW) last week and the Curt A30 hitch just arrived today!!

Here's my problem and question: we are not in a level spot so I can't get an accurate measurement for the height of the kingpin skid plate so I can adjust the hitch accordingly. Any Cyclone 4007 owners out there know this measurement? We are ready to hit the road and this is the last step in a VERY long walk.

Thanks in advance! This forum has been a huge help already! Hoping someone can help again ...

mlpeloquin

You can measure the king pin to top of your over hang. The over hang has to be at least six inches above your truck rails. So make sure your plate will support the top of the king pin and added distance to the overhang to be six inches or more. I would rather run high for a single trip than low and crunch the overhang and truck rails.

wilsonxjr

You can measure the king pin to top of your over hang. The over hang has to be at least six inches above your truck rails. So make sure your plate will support the top of the king pin and added distance to the overhang to be six inches or more. I would rather run high for a single trip than low and crunch the overhang and truck rails.
Excellent point! Much easier to get in the ballpark this way and fine-tune when I get to a level surface.
Thanks for the suggestion!