Help. Electric slide won't come in

Greengas

Our bedroom slide only comes in about 2 inches then it sounds like the gear is stripping. I opened up the compartment and all seems well. The motor runs and there is nothing blocking. We need to be on the road in an hour or so. Help please.

mlpeloquin

When it happened to us I used my remote to run the slide motor and pushed from the outside. I was able to get the slide in all the way. Turns out it is the gear box. Both the motor and gear box have to be replaced. At least that is what I was told in December 2014.

SLO

Just found this post. I’m replacing my gearbox and motor today. Pulled out old gearbox yesterday, new gearbox is arriving UPS today. I found it somewhat easy to access gearbox/motor, and adjust cables, from access panel in storage area under mattress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just found this post. I’m replacing my gearbox and motor today. Pulled out old gearbox yesterday, new gearbox is arriving UPS today. I found it somewhat easy to access gearbox/motor, and adjust cables, from access panel in storage area under mattress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just looked for info re slide and found this post. We have a 2018 Mallard, second owner. (First owner took it out one time, too big for them.) On our second trip, the kitchen slide started making grinding noises and jerking. Going in for repairs next week. Reading this post, it looks like we will need a gearbox and motor. Hopefully the new one will last longer than 3 camping trips!

When it happened to us I used my remote to run the slide motor and pushed from the outside. I was able to get the slide in all the way. Turns out it is the gear box. Both the motor and gear box have to be replaced. At least that is what I was told in December 2014.

We have a 2018 Mallard, 2nd owner. Used once by first owner and on our 2nd time out, this happened to us. We also had to push slide in while pushing the "in button" inside. Going to a repair shop (not camping world) next week. Will update with what they replace. This is good info to know.