Help! Electric Slide Works Only With Remote

DHill57

We have 3 slides in our 2013 Landmark Mesa. Two of those are hydraulic and one (the lighter one in the bedroom) is electric. This past week the electric slide has started not working from the rocker switch at the control panel but it works fine with the remote. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and remedy this situation? The slide works as it should with the remote. I am not currently at the unit but when I get there I will check the connections on the rocker switch at the control panel. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Coincidentally we had our unit in at our dealer last week as we had to have the breaker on the hydraulic system repaired. Our Lippert Level Up system and hydraulic slides were tripping the 50 amp auto reset breaker and we had it replaced with an 80 amp breaker per Lippert's recommendation. We are now permanently parked at our summer location and will not get to the dealer again for some time so want to try to fix this soon.

jjwink

I thought Lippert retracted their recommendation to upgrade to 80 amp breaker? We have had issues with the 50 amp breaker for the hydraulic slides but were hesitant to go to 80 after they withdrew that recommendation.

DHill57

As far as I (and the dealer) were aware that is still the recommended fix. I know the dealer was in contact with Lippert. Our 50 amp auto reset breaker was tripping on retracting the jacks and the slides. They replaced the breaker and also upgraded the wiring to accommodate the new breaker.

Regardless I don't believe that the reset breaker replacement is a direct cause of my current complaint....but perhaps they loosened another connection.

AAdams

I would think that since everything works with the remote that the slide problem would have to be a defective switch or a loose connection at the back of the momentary switch in the panel. If you can get the panel out and check to see if a wire vibrated loose. If the connections are good there then jump the contacts on the switch and see if the slide will move. If it does move then it is the switch, if not then you have a problem between the switch and where the wires split to the remote relay board.

Alan

DHill57

I would think that since everything works with the remote that the slide problem would have to be a defective switch or a loose connection at the back of the momentary switch in the panel. If you can get the panel out and check to see if a wire vibrated loose. If the connections are good there then jump the contacts on the switch and see if the slide will move. If it does move then it is the switch, if not then you have a problem between the switch and where the wires split to the remote relay board.

Alan
Thanks....as soon as we get back to our fifth wheel I will give that a try. The switch is easy to get to.