Help winterizing my 2014 BH 3750 RS

Boozecamp

Need help quickly. I've winterized many tea on previous models, but how is it done on this BH? Really stumped!!!!

Boozecamp

After finding the instructions on the wall near water inlet area, I think I got it with one exception. It says to draw the antifreeze out of the jug with a hose connected to the "inlet backflow preventer" but can't find that connection. Are they refering to the city water connection?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After finding the instructions on the wall near water inlet area, I think I got it with one exception. It says to draw the antifreeze out of the jug with a hose connected to the "inlet backflow preventer" but can't find that connection. Are they refering to the city water connection?

In previous models, there was a hose sticking out of the UDC wall that was for drawing antifreeze into the water pump. Unless these fancy Anderson valves allow the pump to physically suck water via the city water inlet, nothing's going to happen. Possible that the uptake hose is now hidden behind the wall? I looked at the HL photos, and they show a UDC similar to mine. But it doesn't sound like that's what you now have. The uptake hose on mine is just to the left of the two winterizing valves.

View attachment 27418

Phatkd

Yes, After the bypass valve has been turned to the correct position, you will have to find a 18-30" long piece of hose (I cut off the end of a spare RV fresh water hose I had laying around). You then need to have someone hold the hose and the antifreeze jug so you can go inside and operate the pump and the faucet taps (The garden hose end may want to curl up inside the jug, so I ran HOT HOT HOT water through it for a couple of mins to soften it up)…The you just go from the closest faucet to the pump, to the farthest away, making sure you turn both hot and cold water taps and see pink fluid coming out of both. Don't forget to flush the toilet, inside and outside showers and pour the remainder down your drains to flush out the pee traps.

PM with your phone number if you need help over the phone, and I will walk you through it

Phatkd

Oh,..and forget to pull the plug out of your hot water heater (You will need a 1 1/16" socket) and fully drain your hot water tank, check your anode for deterioration and then replace it with fresh teflon tape.

Boozecamp

Thanks to all!!
this was the first time to winterize this coach and I almost waited too long but got'r done. The city water inlet did the trick. Sucked it right out of the jug. The instructions were great, but wasn't clear where the "inlet backflow preventer" was. Could have just said "hook hose to city water connection and draw antifreeze from jug".......but no!!! That would be too easy. Hahahaha.
Now I'll be nice and warm in the house, while my "baby" sits out in 23 deg weather in a couple days.
Thank again?