Help winterizing Oakmont

Cands

I have an Oakmont that needs to be winterized. Where is the hotwater bypass valve and is there a hose that i can suck antifreeze out of or do i have to pour it into the tank then usr the pump? Help. Do i take the panel off thats on the inside of the basement? ??

Oregon_Camper

Re: Help

It should be in the UDC. This is an image I found online, but they are all bascially the same. Look for the handle in the image...it should even say "bypass"

Capture.jpg

danemayer

Water heater bypasses come in two flavors. 1) the type of lever shown in the UDC picture. On some newer rigs (Toy Haulers only?) it's located in the pass through storage. The other flavor is a set of 3 valves and a crossover pex line all located on the back side of the water heater. If your water heater is near the pass through storage, you'll need to take down the rear wall panel on that side. Page 5 of our Winterization Guide has a picture of the inside edge of the water heater and the valves, looking down.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

It probably is behind the basement wall right next to your hot water heater and will look like this:

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg

The bypass valve is the blue and red pipe with the shutoff valve in the middle, and you'll see the hot and cold shutoff valves once you get to this.

Cands

This is perfect!...so, if I were to want to pump antifreeze in (I think I see the pump in the bottom left), all I would do I disconnect one side, put a length of hose on it, and stick it in the jug, right?

View attachment 48438

The bypass valve is the blue and red pipe with the shutoff valve in the middle, and you'll see the hot and cold shutoff valves once you get to this.[/QUOTE]

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The water pump will already have the siphon hose already attached, so you won't need to disconnect anything.

But you do want to open the bypass valve, but be sure to close the cold water in and the hot water out of the water heater as well so you don't get any antifreeze in the water heater.

Cands

The water pump will already have the siphon hose already attached, so you won't need to disconnect anything.

But you do want to open the bypass valve, but be sure to close the cold water in and the hot water out of the water heater as well so you don't get any antifreeze in the water heater.

I will look at that tomorrow when I'm not at work. If it has a siphon hose on it already and I know where the valve is, I'm home free. Thanks for your help!