Hi Everyone! We just bought the 2016 BC 3560 SS!

Ralledalle

We FINALLY bit the bullet and bought the Big Country 3650 SS at the RV Show
in Louisiana today. They didn't have that model on display but we did get to see
it at the Austin RV Show, a few weeks ago. Haven't found anything comparable
to it since. At first we were debating between the Big Horn and the Big Country.
We really liked the Big Horn quality but that big bedroom in the BC sold us. We
will be living in it for a while so we wanted something with more room in the
master bedroom. Both campers are very beautiful and seem to be made very well.
I guess time will tell. Now we have to buy a new truck to pull it. Hubby has been
researching dually's for awhile now but can't decide on which one to purchase. I
think he's leaning towards the Ram 3500 or the GMC Sierra 3500. Anyone have any
advice on that? We can't wait to hear from all of you about your Heartland 5th Wheels
and your camping experiences. Looking forward to attending a Rally one day when
we get a chance. Still can't believe we finally settled on a 5th wheel. It seems like we
have been looking and researching forever.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We are new BC owners as well (4010RD). We've been living in ours a little over a month, and really love it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hook it up and drag it to the Vegas rally, still 3 spots left.

Erika I don't see your name on the Vegas list, still 3 spots.

Can't make it, DH has work. Busiest time of the fall for a high school band director. Marching contests and football games. No way he can get away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I have a Big Horn and my friend at the same time purchase a Big Country. They are similar and built in the same assembly line with the Landmark. Trucks are a matter of choice. The Dodge RAM 6.7L Cummins[SUP]®[/SUP] Turbo Diesel I6 engine when mated to the available AISIN automatic transmission is hard to beat. Both are very reliable and the Dodge has the best millage, payload, and towing. The dodge also has rear coil spring which gives it a smother ride. I did not know much about the Dodge and purchased the GMC Denali 3500HD with the Duramax Diesel and Alison transmission which are also very reliable. I like my GMC, but if I would have purchase the Dodge, I probably would feel the same. Go on line and do a build for the Dodge and GMC. Compare the price and see the difference and then decide on specs vs price. You cannot go wrong with ether choice.

As for camping, go to the rallies. You will meet great people and have a good time. Camping is the most relaxing thing I have ever done.

Ralledalle

Congrats to you both as well. Can't wait until we can take delivery so we can take a trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much. We appreciate all the info and hope to meet everyone real soon.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats to you both as well. Can't wait until we can take delivery so we can take a trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much. We appreciate all the info and hope to meet everyone real soon.

Hey there would love to have you at the rally in Henderson the week of 3/18. Join the Owners Club for the free year and come show off that new rig.

Jv75353

Congratulations on the rig! Welcome to the Heartland forum there are a lot of helpful people here. As far as the truck goes research, take some test drives and pick what works best for you. The big 3 all make a good product see what you like and who will give you the best deal. Good luck with your TV search let us know what you decide on and don't forget pictures after you get you trailer. Safe travels!

'Lil Guy'

Cograts on your new BC and welcome to the Heartland family. I'm sure you will love your new rig and hope to see you guys down the road.

Ralledalle

We would LOVE to join y'all in Henderson on a camping weekend but we don't take delivery of our RV until March 26th.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the deadline for the Vegas trip? We've never been to Vegas and would love to attend a rally this year if we can.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are wanting to attend the Las Vegas rally you will have to go to the registration page and sign up. At this time there is one spot remaining. If it gets sold before you sign up you can be put on the wait list.
Rally Registration.

Peace
Dave

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We would LOVE to join y'all in Henderson on a camping weekend but we don't take delivery of our RV until March 26th.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the deadline for the Vegas trip? We've never been to Vegas and would love to attend a rally this year if we can.

I will keep you in the loop. I have not planned anything for this fall due to football season and the fact that the national rally in Vegas is in the fall. Our spring rally will more than likely be in Kinder next year.

ram_1955

I have a Ford F-350 Dually that is maxed out for towing. We are out in a state park here in Georgia right now on the first trip. If I can answer questions about the Ford let me know.

Ralledalle

Well the day has finally come. We go do our BC walk-through tomorrow at 11 am. Camper came in just in time too. It arrived this morning. I sure hope they have time to inspect it and get everything done they need to do. Please pray that we don't find any major issues and that we are able to bring our New BC home with our new truck. I printed out the walk-through that everyone recommended we do. Tomorrow is definitely exciting but also will be a VERY long one with everything on the list. Any other recommendations?
My husband finally bought his new truck. He decided to go with the 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie "Long Bed" Dually. It's a really a awesome truck and wasn't to difficult get used to driving. Not sure how eager I will be to pull the camper though. I pulled our old TT just fine but not this thing 40 ft long. That's 10 ft longer then our TT was. LOL

I'll post pics when I have time. Wish us luck and please pray this goes smoothly, without any problems.

Thanks so much!
The Allemond's
Regina & Dean

Ralledalle

We sent in our app and payment to become members today. Can't wait to meet everyone and attend some rally's once we get situated.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hope to see you at one of our Mountain Region HOC Rallies soon!

We have one here in Colorado in four weeks . . . and we will be there!

Ralledalle

We can't wait to start traveling. This year is out for us for sure. Hoping to plan some rally trips next year. My hubby has a sister in Vegas and it would have been nice to attend that rally but it won't happen in 2016. I am sure there will be more to come in the near future.