Pictures of 3560 SS

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The big country is supposed to be 1 of 3 models in the luxury line up. I too think it takes something away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Joel.Eberlein

Good morning everyone. Over the last few months there have been multiple post about the Big Country rear cap. I appreciate the feed back as it great VOC (voice of the customer) for the product(s).
Let me start by noting all the things added to the Big Country model:

• MesquiteMaple wood (Same as Landmark)
  • WhisperQuiet A/C System
  • Backup Camera Prep

• SolarPanel Prep
  • HydraulicSelector Switch
  • 50”LED TV in Most Models (55" in Front living and rear ent.)

All of these were done at LOWER MSRP from the prior year. The goal was to make a little more price and product differentiation between the BC and BH brands without sacrificing key build features (solid hardwood, G-rated tires, laminated construction) that make Heartland luxury models better than others in the industry.

For those that feel a rear cap is key, what would you be a reasonable option price?

travelin2

What does it cost on the build sheet for the BH? Obviously all components are costed out to determine msrp and profit margin.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good morning everyone. Over the last few months there have been multiple post about the Big Country rear cap. I appreciate the feed back as it great VOC (voice of the customer) for the product(s).

• Backup Camera Prep

• SolarPanel Prep

All of these were done at LOWER MSRP from the prior year. The goal was to make a little more price and product differentiation between the BC and BH brands without sacrificing key build features (solid hardwood, G-rated tires, laminated construction) that make Heartland luxury models better than others in the industry.

For those that feel a rear cap is key, what would you be a reasonable option price?

I am not sure on the price Joel but I know it was an option on our current 3450 TS and we paid for it. Can you pull my vin and see? It is something that we would certainly pay for as far as options went.

Kbvols

• Backup Camera Prep

• SolarPanel Prep

Joel

I have no idea what the cost factor is for a back cap but as I thought about it as an option what I would consider the tipping point would be around $3,000. At $3000 or less I wouldn't hesitate to add. If it was between $3000 and $5000 I would still probably add. Again I have no idea of the cost and I have not looked at any pricing from other manufactures.

This is the only floor plan I would even consider to buy in a "luxury" rv without the cap only because I like the plan so much. Otherwise I either move up to bighorn or another brand.

I realize there are always trade offs. I get that people like the latest and greatest "gadgets" but for me I will sacrifice some gadgets or trinket items for a more luxurious looking rig. I think a lot of people feel the back caps are a distinguishing point of a higher end "luxury" unit vs lower end I know I certainly do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Joel

I have no idea what the cost factor is for a back cap but as I thought about as an option what would be the tipping point for me would be around $3,000. $3000 or less I wouldn't hesitate to add. If it was between $3000 and $5000 I would still probably add.

This is the only floor plan I would even consider to buy in a "luxury" rv without the cap just because I like the plan so much.

I know there are always trade offs. I get that people like the latest and greatest "gadgets" but for me I will sacrifice some gadgets or trinket items for a more luxurious looking rig. I think a lot of people feel the back caps are a distinguishing point of a higher end "luxury" unit vs lower end I know I certainly do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. We're not "gadget" people either as they are just another thing to break, quit working, or become an item of regret. We like the luxury of the Heartland line but removing the rear cap drops the Big Country down a notch regardless how the interior looks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree the flat back wall may not look "as nice" as a curvy fabricated cap. But I'd much rather have the hydraulic slide selectors and WhisperQuiet AC, two of the new features not standard in previous BCs.

Who sees the back cap? Other people. I guess I'd rather have functional benefits inside my rig rather than impress others with my trailer's rear end, lol!

Kbvols

I agree the flat back wall may not look "as nice" as a curvy fabricated cap. But I'd much rather have the hydraulic slide selectors and WhisperQuiet AC, two of the new features not standard in previous BCs.

Who sees the back cap? Other people. I guess I'd rather have functional benefits inside my rig rather than impress others with my trailer's rear end, lol!

Idk there's alot to be said about a nice rear end...

plshilo

All,
We Loved this model so much that we Purchased It at the show.....Ours will start down the line in mid February, we hope to have it in time for the April Rally in Navarre. We worked with Joel for 2 days getting Everything we wanted....he was Great. We currently have a FR product (Crusader). So switched because we Loved this model. As to the back we like it Flat so we can mount our bikes on the bumper...so we are Really Looking Forward to Putting this 5er behind our truck.

McRod

We just looked at this unit at the Austin RV show today (20 Feb 2016). It is a very nice unit, and the bedroom additional slide out makes it have great space. To be honest, we have been pretty much set on getting a Montana Legacy Edition, but this model looked very nice and has us rethinking. At the show, I was thinking that the back cap made it look kind of cheap (more like a bumper pull trailer), but it showed very well on the inside. Now I am here doing more research on the Heartland line of luxury fifth wheels.

Concerns I had on the model, was the entry level pin box, no rear fiberglass cap, unsure of the suspension and braking systems. The dining window goes pretty low, and we prefer a credenza unit there vs. table/chairs. With the window so low, it would make a retro fit of a credenza not feasible. We prefer the residential fridge over the lp/elect fridge. That appears to be an option, as well as, many other features that I didn't see at the show. Still really like the unit, and it appears many of the features we didn't see are available for the unit. Now just need to find the right dealer to help us price it out.

danemayer

We just looked at this unit at the Austin RV show today (20 Feb 2016). It is a very nice unit, and the bedroom additional slide out makes it have great space. To be honest, we have been pretty much set on getting a Montana Legacy Edition, but this model looked very nice and has us rethinking. At the show, I was thinking that the back cap made it look kind of cheap (more like a bumper pull trailer), but it showed very well on the inside. Now I am here doing more research on the Heartland line of luxury fifth wheels.

Concerns I had on the model, was the entry level pin box, no rear fiberglass cap, unsure of the suspension and braking systems. The dining window goes pretty low, and we prefer a credenza unit there vs. table/chairs. With the window so low, it would make a retro fit of a credenza not feasible. We prefer the residential fridge over the lp/elect fridge. That appears to be an option, as well as, many other features that I didn't see at the show. Still really like the unit, and it appears many of the features we didn't see are available for the unit. Now just need to find the right dealer to help us price it out.

Hi McRod,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you're in the Austin area, I expect you'll find an ExploreUSA dealership somewhere near you that can order you exactly what you want.