HOC Coastal Bend Winter Texans Get Togethers

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi, all!

Please subscribe to this thread for all of our get togethers for the rest of 2015.

Our next meet up is at the Butterchurn in Aransas Pass, HWY 35 By-Pass on Thursday, February 19th at 3p.

Hope to see you there!

TXTiger

I am planning on staying the month of April in Aransas or Rockport. Any reccomendations on good RV parks in the aera?

AAdams

We are at Portebelo Mobile Home and RV Village. From my understanding it was mainly a mobile home park but after the hurricane came through some time back they expanded the RV portion. It is mainly Rv's at this point. The spots are the size for a mobile home. There is no cable, we have satellite, and we can not get their internet at our site so we got our own from the cable company. The rate is $275/mo plus electric. This is the 3rd park in as many months, largest lot we have had yet, and the internet wasn't good at any of them. AT&T hot spots do work in this area though, we used it at the last 2 parks, plan on staying at this one for a while.

simsfmly

I am planning on staying the month of April in Aransas or Rockport. Any reccomendations on good RV parks in the aera?

There's lots of good opportunities. Personally, we like Rockport (the town) better than Aransas Pass. We've stayed at Copano Bay the last 3 winters and will still be here in April. Lagoons is good. If you stay out on the island (Port Aransas), try Pioneer.

simsfmly

Called Texas A-1 Steakhouse re some of your concerns that they wouldn't do separate checks. Indeed, she said, parties over 8 they can't do separate checks. So I cancelled that reservation and have made a new one at Pep's in Portland for the same night, same time.

All the details and RSVP at this link

Last edited:

simsfmly

This event has been cancelled. See you next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Time to start thinking about the upcoming winter. If you're going to be wintering in the Coastal Bend of Texas (Port Aransas, Aransas Pass, Rockport, Portland), make sure you subscribe to this thread, like our facebook page, or PM me with your email address, and we'll start keeping you updated.

Likewise, if you're on my list and you're NOT going to be in the Coastal Bend this year (and you don't want to get annoyed with emails and posts from me), make sure you let me know.

Have a great fall wherever you spend it!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bob, don't forget about the annual dealer open house at the Ron Hoover RV dealership in Donna on February 3rd. We hope that you and many of the "Coastal Benders" will make the day trip for a free lunch with us.

simsfmly

Thanks, Jay. Connie and I are hosting a cruise that weekend, but we will certainly promote it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

First event of the season!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 @ noon
Moby Dick's Restaurant
517 S Alister St
Port Aransas, TX 78373
(361) 749-9447

They are closed on Mondays, so please RSVP either here by replying to this thread, PM me on the forum, email, or on the Winter Texans FB page by Sunday at noon so I can let them know how many will be in attendance.

simsfmly

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please let me know so I can let the restaurant know tomorrow morning before we get there. (They're closed today). This will be the only event of December. We'll get rolling again in January.