How do you grill when camping?

bacaye

Oh Jim!!!! The Weber Q...We have the baby Q and the 220 Q for when we need a bigger one. This has gotten Bill into doing the grilling big time. We always use a virgin olive oil bath and covering meat with seasoning before we put it on the grill. They suggest room temp before putting beef and pork on the grill. With Riley seasoning you will always be a winner. Absolutely love this grill...No flare ups...catches grease in a trip pan...so easy to clean. Barb

bacaye

Re: Got the Weber Baby Q Grill

Great choice!!!! We have had no problems with anything running hot. I guess we are slow cookers...lol We also have the stand but found it was more of a pain so we either use a table or end of a picnic table. Because of the setup you do not have to worry about grease dripping. Make sure you get a set of the little disposable drip pans if you got the Baby Q. You can even take paper towels to give the pan a quick wipe after throwing the grease away and reuse a few times.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Wow, I wonder how many of these OP grills, have lasted after this 6 year old thread has been resurrected.

I have the Q100 and really like it, I carry a 20lb bottle with me to use with it and "campfire in-a-can". The grill is relatively light, easy to clean, which is done after several uses. I even put an iron skillet on the grate to cook bacon and eggs.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

OK, so it's an old thread with new legs, but we used a Baby Q for several years and finally got a Q200 this season. The Baby Q was great, but just a little too small at times. Now the Baby Q sits at home in the garage for winter BBQ'ing (I can safely ventilate the garage) and the Q200 rides in the BH. I got a 10 lb. tank for it. On the deck at home, we've got a full size Weber that gets used when we're home during the non-snow months.

scott b

JB , you will love the Baby Q, we have had ours for two years and it works great, well made . Mine works with the small fat bottles no problem, I also bought the rolling duffle and it keeps it nice. I just bought a LED Light for mine made by weber that bolts to the handle on the Lid of your Q and it works great, it shines right down on the grill when your cooking at night, it was 24.00 but worth it when it gets dark out. Have fun ....Scott

bacaye

Oh Jcullipher...I hear an iron skillet on our list of things go purchase. We were wondering if we could put one on the grill. Thanks for answering a question for us!!!!

shelsay

Re: Type of Grill ?

We bought a Cuisinart All-Foods gas grill for our GC and liked it so much, we got rid of our big home grill and bought another Cuisinart for our deck.

Uncle Rog

Hey there, for short trips we have used a Masterbuilt stainless table model for close to 6 years, it is pretty much bullet proof.
For longer expeditions we use a combo unit from the same manufacturer, out of Cabelas or Bass Pro.......
We can grill or smoke with gas or charcoal.............
For quick stops we use the 1# canisters, we have re-filled them for years, $4 new or re-fill for 25cents..........

elwaller39

Evans & Lana

The Baby Q does a nice job. This grill heats even from one end to the other, which I enjoy very much. Take a wet paper towel and clean the grill right after you are done grilling while it is still hot. I have not found a nicer grill.

loafer

Baby Q for us . Just the two of us so we have lots of grill space to work with .
Just my .02 cents worth
Bill

Birchwood

We have a weber mini q 1000 series I think.Its ok but difficult to heat and clean but we
only use the disposable propane tanks so maybe with a larger tank you would get more
pressure(heat).Its strong and manoverable.

jbeletti

Hey - this is cool. Talk about bringing a dead thread back to life :)

I created this thread over 6 years ago.

Michael - the Baby !, now the Q100 or some such was used with GREAT success for nearly 6 seasons! Marv (Smokeybare) has it now. I upgrade to the 200 series for more room. I teed it into the high pressure side of the door side tank using a Mr. Heater Extend-A-Stay system. Works great! Baked 5 whole garlic heads today and 20 slices of garlic bread. Yumo!

Go Weber Q!

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If and when we go to a gas grill, we defiantly will be going with a Weber Q. If it will last for 6 years with all that traveling it must be a good product.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey - this is cool. Talk about bringing a dead thread back to life :)

I created this thread over 6 years ago.

Michael - the Baby !, now the Q100 or some such was used with GREAT success for nearly 6 seasons! Marv (Smokeybare) has it now. I upgrade to the 200 series for more room. I teed it into the high pressure side of the door side tank using a Mr. Heater Extend-A-Stay system. Works great! Baked 5 whole garlic heads today and 20 slices of garlic bread. Yumo!

Go Weber Q!

Jim

Whoa! Garlic heads and garlic bread?? Whadda you doing, watching a "Twilight" and "True Blood" marathon??

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I've used a baby Q for years and it is a great little barbeque.Used it yesterday at alpine as a matter of fact

rick_debbie_gallant

Jim, Debbie eta I izan Weber Q220 (edo da 220 da) erabiliz. Dena den, gauza maite dugu. Nahiz eta bero bide guztien inguruan. Erraza garbitzeko. Heavy betebeharra, hau eztainua zigilatu ez. Bigarren mailako azpilak ez da pisu asko onartzen da arazo bakarra aurkitu dut. Horietako beefing Tad bat begiratu dut. Beste baino oraindik I 5 Flaming briquettes luke!Eta bai armarria zure elikagaien ideia handia olio batzuk eta zure gozagarri dira sukaldaritza da.Eta saltsa bazara guztiak erabiliz, joera batzuk ez makila papera itzulbiratu jartzea grate on nuke.Carmelized barbakoa saltsa baino hobeto ez.egin duzunean bakarrik biratu papera gainean ertzak eta zure janaria zerbitzatu plater jarri papera eta saltsa batera egosteko_Oh bai, ez du minik zure haragia parrillan 5 minutu parrilla itzali eta estalkia buruz gainerako utzi.Bakearen.

bacaye

lol I learned a lesson...Be sure and check post dates!!!! Honestly, we have the Weber 100 and got it at Target when we were at Goshen and for just under $100. Got 2 love a SALE!!! Everywhere we looked we would see one!!! We have the 220..still in the box...but hoping Bill's last year Christmas present will make it out of the box soon. He thought it was too big to take in the camper when we went to Goshen. Now that we have the 100 we will use the 220 as needed on trips or use it at home. I say Go Weber Q too!!!