how do you keep baked goods from burning on the bottom?

Groveite

1.40 for the slate 12X12 tile that we use in the new trailer....forgot the one in the old 5th wheel when we traded it in on the truck last July. It was more...1.70 IIRC but worked well for 3 years...
Groveite

bobber

I use a 12 inch pizza stone that I bought from ABC Distributing. Very cheap and if it does break I won't cry over it.

twohappycampers

I was having the same problem. Before I had a chance to go out and buy a pizza stone or whatever I tried this: I wasn't able to use my old cookie sheets for baking in this oven anyway, just a tad too big. I had to buy smaller ones. But I noticed I was able to insert the old cookie sheet onto the bottom rack of the oven. How can I say this? hmmmm ... okay, instead of putting the oven rack on the lowest setting in the oven, slide the cookie sheet in its place instead. And just leave it there permanently. It's a bit of a tight fit, but that's good, it won't move. It's taken care of the burning-on-the-bottom problem quite nicely for me. And I got to recycle my old cookie sheet. Of course, not every cookie sheet out there will be the exact fit as mine was, just so happens it worked for the size I had.

You understand, of course, that I'm not saying you cook anything ON the cookie sheet, it's just taking the place of the pizza stone or clay thing to disperse the heat, for now. :) And your oven rack sits in the middle or top. Clear as mud?! And, no, I won't post a picture - oven's a disgrace :eek:

scott b

Bed Bath& Beyond sells the perfect size for your oven . I think it is 14x14. They are in the section where all the cookware is and I they are about 18.99, works like a champ....Scott

twohappycampers

Bed Bath& Beyond sells the perfect size for your oven . I think it is 14x14. They are in the section where all the cookware is and I they are about 18.99, works like a champ....Scott

Thanks for replying. Perfect size "what", though? Cookie sheet? Pizza stone? :confused:

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
pampered chef makes stones that will fit ion the oven

twohappycampers

Oops sorry its a Stone, I bought one there for my wife, it helped even out the heat. Hope this helps

Thanks, Scott. My cookie sheet idea is working for now, but one of these days I'll want something a little classier :D and will go shopping. Where in the oven does the Stone go? On the very bottom of the oven below the "flame", or does it sit on the black metal shelf thing just above the "flame"? Thanks again!

scott b

It sits on the metal shelf above the flame, this allows the heat to be distributed over a greater area thus stopping the hot spot...Scott