How many miles on your tow vehicle

DMaxRocks

My current tow vehicle and DD is an '02 DMax (additional information in my signature) with a little over 355k miles. The truck runs great and pulls my 11k lb (SOB) camper like a dream. We typically camp within an 8 hour radius of our home, I trust my truck but in the back of my mind I wonder when something will pop up. I'm hoping to upgrade to a new '17 or '18 depending on what changes GM will make.

I will say this, I love my diesel!!!

BBslider001

My current tow vehicle and DD is an '02 DMax (additional information in my signature) with a little over 355k miles. The truck runs great and pulls my 11k lb (SOB) camper like a dream. We typically camp within an 8 hour radius of our home, I trust my truck but in the back of my mind I wonder when something will pop up. I'm hoping to upgrade to a new '17 or '18 depending on what changes GM will make.

I will say this, I love my diesel!!!

Nice man! That's how it should be, IMHO. Have you had many repairs?

JanAndBill

I'm curious as to how many with the really high mileages are the original owners. To me it always seemed like I got more trouble free miles from a vehicle when I was the only owner

rhodies1

2007 GMC 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax 115000 miles with turbo codes bugging me.Replaced turbo vane sensor $1200 and still turbo codes.The vehicle works
and hauls fine with lots of power.Very annoying with the code P003A on and off constantly.A new turbo replaced is $4200 so its a major repair.

I have been told that GM have a process for cleaning the vanes on your turbo,the process cannot be done on older models just 07 and up .I had an 06 with 70kon it when I started with the same issues,a new turbo comes complete with the 1200.00 dollars vane sensor.Talk to your dealer about getting the turbo cleaned.
Hopefully you have no other issues,mine gave me other problems all at the same time,egg valve,map sensor,EcM...when the dealer was finished the repair quote it was 10k ,no longer own..

DMaxRocks

Nice man! That's how it should be, IMHO. Have you had many repairs?

The main problem I had was the "not up to par" dual mass flywheel and clutch set up, that thing was good for about 30k miles, especially pulling an 11k pound trailer. GM put 3 or 4 new clutch setups in the truck before my warranty ran out. I then moved to a SBC single mass flywheel and clutch set up and problem fixed. My truck has the first generation DMax, known as the LB7. This is the engine that is notorious for failed injectors. I have been blessed, the factory set lasted for 199k miles and GM (GM extended the warranty for 200k miles and 7 years) replaced that set. The second set has over 154k miles and is doing great. I changed the hydro-boost once, alternator once and the starter twice plus other normal wear items. The truck is still running the original front end and brakes.

I still enjoy rowing the gears and driving it everyday...puts a big smile on my face almost every day, and that is saying a lot with over 7800 hours of seat time! I am hoping to keep it another year or two then move up to a '17 or '18...hopefully will break the 400k mile marker by then!!!

BBslider001

The main problem I had was the "not up to par" dual mass flywheel and clutch set up, that thing was good for about 30k miles, especially pulling an 11k pound trailer. GM put 3 or 4 new clutch setups in the truck before my warranty ran out. I then moved to a SBC single mass flywheel and clutch set up and problem fixed. My truck has the first generation DMax, known as the LB7. This is the engine that is notorious for failed injectors. I have been blessed, the factory set lasted for 199k miles and GM (GM extended the warranty for 200k miles and 7 years) replaced that set. The second set has over 154k miles and is doing great. I changed the hydro-boost once, alternator once and the starter twice plus other normal wear items. The truck is still running the original front end and brakes.

I still enjoy rowing the gears and driving it everyday...puts a big smile on my face almost every day, and that is saying a lot with over 7800 hours of seat time! I am hoping to keep it another year or two then move up to a '17 or '18...hopefully will break the 400k mile marker by then!!!

Nice! That's a truck that has been well used. I had the LLY a few years back and wish I had kept it, but life happens and it had to go. It was a ZF-6 as well and was a really good truck. I am glad to hear you haven't had too much of an injector problem. I know the LB7 was notorious for that. My clutch was replaced with a single mass too and that was a huge improvement.