How many miles on your tow vehicle

HornedToad

45,000 on my 2013 F350 daily driver bought new in August of 2013. Taking it in for a tranny service this week and should probably have the front end checked out as I'm getting a little steering wobble when I hit a hard bump in a turn.

Most of my camping is 200 miles round trip to Lubbock tailgating or the Lake. A long trip for me is 700 miles round trip to the hill country. At this rate it will take me 20 years to join the 1/2 a million mile club.

wmb1949

I have a 2008 Chevy 3500 with 70,000. Other than poor MPG is a great truck. Purchased the truck for the transmission and have not been disappointed, just wish it had the exhaust brake.

HornedToad

I assume you went to Tech. What years?

I didn't go to Tech, but my money did!!!

My oldest daughter graduated in 2008 with a Political Science degree, #2 in 2010 with a Marketing degree, #3 in 2012 with a RHIM degree and I paid tuition for my youngest daughter #4 to go but I think she just drove by Tech on her way to party, but that's OK because she got her Real Estate license and I'm gonna count that as a degree.

We've had season tickets since 2004 and tailgated every home game but 3 since 2008. It was a good excuse to go see the girls, and even now they've all graduated and moved away from Lubbock we still keep up the tradition. We all ate turkey dinner this year in a parking lot next to Darrell Royal stadium to see our Red Raiders beat the Longhorns... Guns Up!!!

PS Welcome to the forum wmb1949, I thought my milage was low but @ 10k per year that Chevy must just be a TV only, and I know that it's a tea totaler compared to my Ford.

Last edited:

Happy Campers

My first new diesel 04.5 Dodge Ram with 92,000 mi and I hate to see it go but we got a new RV that is way too heavy for it.2016 Ram dually should be here in another month so I still get to drive my truck and i'm missing it already ...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD will turn over 30,000 miles by the end of the week.

BBslider001

Man, all you guys with your low mileage diesel trucks. What's the point when they are $60k plus? 237,000 here and tows our Sundance like a monster. I don't deal with emissions crap either. 170,000 is barely breaking it in as long as it has been maintained well.

wonder63

Suggest that you keep that 7.3 with 82000 7.3 was and is the best ford engine out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B

BouseBill

Man, all you guys with your low mileage diesel trucks. What's the point when they are $60k plus? 237,000 here and tows our Sundance like a monster. I don't deal with emissions crap either. 170,000 is barely breaking it in as long as it has been maintained well.

We are the second owners of the 08 F-450, it was nowhere near 60K, 4:88 gearing so it goes NOT fast everywhere, but will tow anything. It gets driving once a week to keep things lubed, warmed and exercised,
If ya come up behind a bighorn poking along at 60 mph, it's probably us LOL

Bones

I now have 5500 miles on mine so it is just starting off. I anticipate the engine to at least 300k miles. But there is a good chance the truck itself may be very old by that time.

Dean-Pam

Just traded my 2007 GMC 2500HD for a 2015 Chevrolet 3500 DRW. Now to do my homework for a new hitch. The new truck has an 8 foot bed, so the Superglide is no longer needed and will be selling it. Looking forward to our first rally in April.

MTPockets

Just yesterday while pumping fuel, a Ford pulled up on opposite side of diesel pump. Talking with the owner, he had 170,000 miles on the 6.0 engine and just last month replaced three injectors... Other than that he said never a problem.. I'm now at almost 50,000 and hope I'm just as fortunate with my 6.7

meagle

I just turned over 170,000 on my GMC duramax. The biggest issue that I had was a leaking head gasket. It was a costly repair. I've done quite a few modifications as well. Based on what I've read in the responses the diesels can deliver a lot miles if well maintained. Personally I like it when I see an older clean well maintained tow vehicle with lots of miles towing a new or newer RV.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
07 RAM. 6.7 Cummins. Just about to hit 28k. Still lookin good!!

Last edited:

caissiel

140K on my 6.0l 2005 Ford. Was barely 2 years old and 70k when I bought it 11 years ago.
Looking at the mileage I will be driving this truck for a while yet. It
Is paid for and does everything I need it for.
Fuel mileage and power is fantastic, so what else would I need. After all it would take me another 10 years to have a new one paid for at the cost they are at now, for the same or worst performance.

meagle

Nice looking truck and and great upgrades. I hope I see your truck someday on the "trails.' Buy it, maintain it, smart upgrades, then drive it for a long time. Sounds like a great formula.