Interior slide finish in Bedroom - Bighorn 3570RS

rpotter

Curious, i purchased a 2015 Bighorn 3570RS and noticed the side trim in the bedroom unfinished. It is just the side of the slider so its not that bad but i wanted to ensure that is the norm. Anyone else with a 3570RS have the same finish on the side of their bedroom slider?

image6.JPGimage7.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Once the slide is all the way out you won't see that edge, so why put a finish on it?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is that blue plastic on the slide wall? It looks like it's missing some trim to cover that ratty OSB, as well as an interior weather seal on the backside of the trim.

rpotter

I think Johndar is right. How does the other side look?
The other side is exactly the same finish. When its all the way out the face trim remains a couple of inches off the wall. You can tell that it was designed to be out a bit because the bottom portion of the trim is right up tight agains the rugged part of the wall so it couldn't go out any further if it tried. I am thinking the same that most likely a plastic piece should have come on each side. I am hoping someone with the same model can verify if theirs is unfinished like this or has something covering the ruff unfinished board.

Thanks..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying that in your pictures the slide is all the way out?

Peace
Dave

rpotter

Are you saying that in your pictures the slide is all the way out?

Peace
Dave
No the slide is all the way in.. What i meant is that when the slide is all the way out.. There is about a 1" gap between the facia of the slider and the wall. I suspect this 1" gap is normal since the slide at the bottom is as tight to the carpeted part of the wall as possible. The only concerns i have is whether any trim piece was missing from the side that might cover this rough edge or this is the way they are leaving the slide finished. Thanks..

Fonz46

I have a 2014 3570RS also and the unfinished edge on the bedroom slide is exactly the same as yours. Not noticeable unless the slide is in, but would still be nice if it had a finished edge on it.

rpotter

Ahh ok. Thanks for confirming Fonz46. I thought that was the case. Just wanted to be sure. I may add a piece of vinyl molding to give it a little cleaner look. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk