Is a Landmark Newport that much better than a Bighorn 3875FB

oldfitter

Tom thanks for posting the differences between the two. I found one to look at when we get home from Winter Camp for Seniors in Florida. We are in Riverside RV Park and campground Arcadia Fl. Very nice campground with a lot of Bighorn,s second only to Montana,s with 500 sites. I recommend this park, there is campers that have been coming here for 16 years. And we booked for next year, And hopefully in a new Landmark Newport.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We've had both and loved both. The Landmark just gave us more for our money however it came with the Lippert frame and after taking our Landmark out on our second trip two years ago one of the shackles broke (thank goodness my hubby does his safety inspection before we leave that's how he found it) now we had to find an emergency welder to weld it back on (not an option to stay overnight) took sometime finding one but Heartland and Lippert came through with approving all the work right on the spot so we did get home safely that evening. However, if we were looking to order a Landmark today we would love to have the option to upgrade to the Moryde IS system at time of ordering. When we picked up our unit after winter storage last year and looking at the other shackles just the uneasy feeling I had about them holding together during travel and although we were not ready at the time to upgrade, we agreed it would give us some peace of mind and upgrade to it last year and have no regrets with the system we love it. I don't feel that the Lippert system is a bad product but if you have a choice to have an upgrade option before taking ownership it would alleviate a lot of extra time and money in the future (cost to travel out to Elkhart to install it). I completely understand sometimes companies can not take it upon themselves to just make it a standard option because unfortunately if they did it would increase the price of these units that many of us may not be able to purchase so thank you Tom for keeping the cost down for us and for giving us a luxury camper at the same time. I love my Key Largo.