is it possible to heat bedroom area of 5th wheel trailer only to save on battery life

allski

Hi I am new to the heartland forums , Im trying to figure out if its possible to heat only the bedroom portion of the 5th wheel trailer while staying at un electrified campsites or Walmarts while on my way down south. Im interested in having the furnace come on less to preserve the battery life. will be staying at a 55+ RV site once we get there so not a problem then. Heading south soon from Saskatchewan to Apache Junction AZ. Will likely spend a couple cool nights in a parking lot in a few places. I should also mention the thermostats are both in the hallway of our camper near the bedroom and would be behind a closed door that we can seperate us from the living room and kitchen area. Has 2 thermostats cuz it has 2 air conditioners I guess. One doesn't seem to run the furnace only the one closest to the living area. there's also a fresh air duct outside the bedroom bathroom area we would be heating. Im also guessing the thermostat controller has a built in sensor that senses the temperature as I don't see where else it would sense temperature from? Any information is much appreciated.

RoadJunkie

The "stock" heating system is not zoned and therefore does not partition heating. Don't forget that you may also need to heat the basement to prevent freezing of the water systems, if you're dealing with such temperatures. If you're staying at Walmarts, then it is likely there are campgrounds in the near vicinity, so use shore power at a campground to keep comfortable.

allski

Thanks for the reply, Im not really worried about freezing as I winterized it a month ago and wont be using any water until I get it hooked up at our site. I can close the doors to separate the bedroom and bathroom from the rest of the trailer and close vents in the living area and leave the ones in the upstairs bedroom area open. There's 2 thermostats and it seems one of them runs the furnace and would be in the bedroom area. Just not really sure where the sensor is for regulating heat?Guessing its built into the thermostat control? Was just figuring I wouldn't heat the whole trailer for a few hours while we sleep if I didn't have to. A couple days into the trip it shouldn't get too cool at night and wont need to worry about it.