Is this even reasonable?

RottsNScotts

Hi - I have a friend in eastern WI around Freedom, WI who needs a house sitter from March until May.

Is there any chance I can take my Cyclone 4114 from the Seattle, WA area to eastern WI in March? I am willing to go south then back north if that would work better.

Remember, I am a total novice at driving this rig!

Thanks!

danemayer

Sure it's possible to travel in the winter, but you have to wait for a break in the weather so roads are clear. And sometimes unexpected storms come through causing delays measured in days. It'll be cold so you may want to travel with the rig winterized.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have traveled to and from WI in March.
I watch the weather and when I have that window of good weather we are on the road.
I look for a three day window.

Peace
Dave

RottsNScotts

I was thinking of taking as many as 10 days to 2 weeks to get there. If I get there really early, it just means my friend and I have some time to catch up so that works okay.

If my rig is winterized for the trip, can I still stay in it on the trip to her house, just without using water-based things?

I really appreciate the help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When we travel in the winter we carry one gallon water jugs for personal needs. Everything else gets used just like in summer.
You should be just fine staying in your coach.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk