Issues unhooking battery?

wildwolfproducts

Went to take the battery out of our Key Largo, Can't get the battery to slide out any. Who ever mounted the batter and hooked up the cables for the Generator did not leave any slack in the wires. Makes me wonder why you want a slide tray and not have any slack to slide it out?

Wondering if anyone has found extra cable back behind the tray when they take down the basement wall?

Pete

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: Iussues unhooking batter?

Went to take the battery out of our Key Largo, Can't get the battery to slide out any. Who ever mounted the batter and hooked up the cables for the Generator did not leave any slack in the wires. Makes me wonder why you want a slide tray and not have any slack to slide it out?

Wondering if anyone has found extra cable back behind the tray when they take down the basement wall?

Pete

" there is Always enough time to do things over, but never enough time to do it right the first time." That ought to hang on the wall of EVERY business that makes anything.!

brianharrison

Not sure of your installation but the battery cables (from the converter or DC distribution center) may be caught on something behind the battery box. You may need to get behind to see if they are looped behind and caught on transfer switch case or something else (happened to me).

As well, if you have the plastic battery box with slide, the battery box has a catch to prevent it from sliding straight out - you need to lift a bit to clear the catch and then it slides out.

Brian

wildwolfproducts

Will check and see if the wires are hung up on something back there. I did pick up on the box thinking that would help on it sliding out.
pete

porthole

Retired

" there is Always enough time to do things over, but never enough time to do it right the first time." That ought to hang on the wall of EVERY business that makes anything.!

"Never enough time to do things right he first time, but always enough time to do things right the second time"

That is what I used when training new techs, and I always got the that "deer in the headlights" stare with it.