Just Chillin'

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Lying here in my comfy hospital bed, waiting for the Super Glue to dry. Had a bit of sigmoid colon removed this morning.

jimtoo

Just take it easy,,, do what the Dr. says,,, not what you want to do. A little time and things will heal and you will be back to normal... you didn't need that thing anyway.

I have had a lot more than just that removed and everything still works.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Lying here in my comfy hospital bed, waiting for the Super Glue to dry. Had a bit of sigmoid colon removed this morning.

Good luck to you . . . and enjoy that morphine drip while you got it! :rolleyes:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Boy I sympathize....we sure know about the super glue...Ken had bypass surgery two weeks ago...super clue holding his chest, and parts of both legs together...amazing stuff!!

JohnDar

Back home yesterday afternoon. Seems they took a bit more than was originally planned, so one incision is more than just a laparoscopic one, but it's all good. Not enough pain to want to use the Norco pills they prescribed. Codiene plugs me up and I don't need that. This will put a slight delay in taking the rig up north for the summer, but not too much. I think there's still snow on the ground up there, anyways.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I sure miss going 'Up North' to go camping . . .

We hope to pull our trailer back there in the next year of two and go up north somewhere to camp for a few days!

Perhaps even skip the family visit in southern Michigan and come down from the UP . . . maybe have them come UP to see us instead! :p

JohnDar

Thanks all! I haven't had any after effects from anesthesia or pain worth taking any drugs for. Eating and sleeping well, along with other "functions." Getting a little stir crazy, though. Weather is decent and I should be working on our rig, as well as the FD USAR trailer. And our Deputy Chief wants me to help him do some mods on his new SoB 5'er. Maybe another week and I'll start doing some light work, supervising as it were. But for now, all I can do is type and wash the dishes. Think I may take the time to rewrite my Structural Collapse and Trench Rescue class materials to include all the nifty Paratech gear we got via grants. No more cutting wooden shores and struts!