Kitchen Slide VS sliding doors Gateway 3650BH

Bones

I just recently brought my camper back from storage and when I was extending the slides I heard a crack when the Kitchen slide was extending. Turns out that I had a drawer come open during transport which I couldn't see and it cracked my slide molding in half. Luckily that is all that was broken. Is it possible to make a nice wooded positive latch that will physically cover an edge of the drawers to prevent them from popping open or some type of lock that can be engaged to keep drawers closed during transport. I like the Gateway but I do worry about the doors popping open especially in the rear bunkhouse where I can't see anything until I open all the slides. Just some thoughts. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

P

Paul.craven

Sorry to hear about the broken slide molding, definitely not what we want to hear. I will take your advice on the positive latch and see if we can figure something out with engineering. We appreciate your thoughts, and I hope you are enjoying your Gateway sans the drawer hiccup. Thanks.

Bones

Sorry to hear about the broken slide molding, definitely not what we want to hear. I will take your advice on the positive latch and see if we can figure something out with engineering. We appreciate your thoughts, and I hope you are enjoying your Gateway sans the drawer hiccup. Thanks.

Mr. Paul Craven,
We are enjoying our Gateway a lot. It fits our family needs very well and hopefully for many years to come. Thank you for your response.//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have the same issue with our bunk area. 8 cabinet doors and can't see one of them. Couldn't take the chance anymore. I tie the opposing door knobs together with straps. So far so good.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439511095.078332.jpg

We had some drawers open when we first got the rig. The dealer added these, and trust me, they NEVER open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddyboy

We had drawers open once, but put the childproof locks on them. All good - once we got it figured out how to get them open, that is.

justafordguy

I have also had a few problems with drawers coming opened on our Gateway and it took all the trim off the front of the kitchen slide. I need to put some sort of latch on mine. I also worry about the bunk room cabinets and also the doors to the room because you can't see anything in there. I have considered putting slide bolts on the doors but for now I always open the 1/2 bath from outside and check the inside door through the rear window on the main slide before opening the slides. I guess this is one draw back of having so many dang slides.:p