Looking at a BC 3250TS

boristd

Hi all. I am new to the group and have a few questions that some may be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction. I am looking for / at a Big Country 3250TS approx 2008 - 10. That's where my budget fits and I like the layout verses size.
Since I am in NZ and not easily able to view first hand any potential units can some of you give me a few pointers or problem areas I need to investigate.
Thanks in advance. Alan

jimtoo

Hi boristd, Alan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. I'm sure some of our members can give you some pointers about the unit. I would suggest that if you do find one your interested in and have seen lots of pictures of the unit, that you ask for someone to go and inspect for you. I'm sure it could be arranged.

Enjoy the forum and keep us updated.

Jim M

Bob Vaughn

We have a 2011 BC 3250TS and like it for the open space it provides. On the road we can get to the bathroom,the refrigerator, the table and chairs for a meal with out extending the slides plus should the need arise we can sleep in the bed.....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had a BC 3250 for over 5 years and really liked it but moved up to a BC 3650 and now a Landmark Key Largo. The 3250 is a great open floor plans.

boristd

Hi. Thanks for that. Did you have any issues with the BC 3250 or any problems you have heard of that I should possibly be aware of.
Thanks Alan

boristd

Wow thanks for the friendly greeting. I currently have a R-Vision Maxlite and decided it is time to upgrade. The offer of someone looking at for me sounds pretty good as it is a little distance to travel to find it isn't in the stated condition.

Thanks again
Alan

jimtoo

HI Alan,

I would think that someone would be willing to go and look at a unit for you, but not take any responsibility, but give their opinion of condition of a unit. Is this something you will be having shipped to you or you coming here to use it?

If you find one your interested in let us know.

Jim M

boristd

Yes I understand the no liability but just great to have a set of eyes over it before committing. I have sent a few feelers out but I guess it is Xmas and a slow time for dealers so am still on the hunt. It would be shipped back here to NZ.
Thanks Alan

dbbls59

A 2008 should have all the bugs worked out. Generally takes a year or two to accomplish this regardless of the brand.

GOTTOYS

I have a 2011 3250 that had several issues. I have most of them worked out. to include: Gray front and rear caps faded badly and turned white, had both painted, springs went flat and started to arch the other way, replaced with heavier springs, replaced junk Chinese tires with American LT tires, wheel alignment was off since new both axles were tracking to the left, had aligned, Front entry door had a large delamination blister on the inside, replaced door. In addition, some of the gold decals are faded and cracking, have new ones waiting to get installed, front stabilizer jacks won't retract all the way and are slow and noisy due to no lubrication and no provisions for it from the factory. Have new jacks to install. Several other small items have been dealt with. Overall it's about as good as most others...Don

boristd

Hi all. Well I have done it. Proud owner of a 2010 BC3250-TS. Bought second hand with a few issues. Does anyone have a pdf copy or advise of where I can find a copy of the owners manual. As this was a repo unit there was not much help with it.
Any areas of concern that anyone could add would be helpful as well.
Thanks in advance. Alan (New Zealand)

Westwind

In the 2008-2009 range there were front frame problems so I would want complete pictures of the front of the FW around the hitch, sides, around the bedroom slide out, under, sides, and over the front cap looking for any cracks or separation of the trim/cap etc. If it did have problems and went back to the factory for repair that is a good sign, if done at a dealer ( chances are not so good). The type of care that the trailer has had is a good indicator and if you could talk to the previous owner that's even better.

danemayer

Hi all. Well I have done it. Proud owner of a 2010 BC3250-TS. Bought second hand with a few issues. Does anyone have a pdf copy or advise of where I can find a copy of the owners manual. As this was a repo unit there was not much help with it.
Any areas of concern that anyone could add would be helpful as well.
Thanks in advance. Alan (New Zealand)

The trailer manual is pretty generic, so a current one will probably not be much different. Here's a link.

We have a collection of owner-written user guides that fill fill in a lot of blanks for you.