Looking to buy 365 Ashland

Hello everyone! Happy to be here and hopefully will be a new Heartland owner in the coming weeks, but I have a few questions first. I own and travel with a 2008 DRV Select Suite. I love this camper but she is getting worn down from living and traveling. I'm looking into purchasing a 2015 Ashland 365. Help me out please.

Insulation wise , how does the new 365's hold up to heat. The DRV could easily stay cool in 100+ degree heat with its hefty sidewall. 3rd AC needed?

Any issues I need to be aware of before traveling or purchasing?

How good are the frameless dual pane windows? Are these units quiet to live when around highways and other campers?

I work and live in the South 90% of the time. So insulation and durability is my number one concern. Let me know what you all think!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well I'll start with I LOVE our Ashland....
We have the 3 AC's and while in Jackson CA it was 109° outside and it held 76° to 78° inside direct sun, no shade around.
fbe24e6989d9ce3e34182baf49213629.jpg

As for the Ashland I think it is the perfect full time or part time RV.
The floor plan is perfect.
The massive storage inside and out.
The his and her bathroom sinks.
Lots of room in the bedroom around the king size bed.
Easy access to the bathroom from the living area or the bedroom with pocket doors at both ends. If you can get the pocket door in place of the swinging door to the bathroom like we have I would.

It is very quiet inside we just spent a week backed up to the ocean and with the windows open the sound was amazing, with them closed you could hardly hear it.
1d7605c47022572cdb27ec6801b4f0c3.jpg

The wood and cabinet quality are top notch.
We had a few minor issues the first few weeks, all fixed now and have just been loving it.
We have been on 8 camp trips 5 to 6 days each trip in the last 5 months and love it more and more every trip.
I've also done a few Mod's to make it even better.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

That's good to know about the heat and if staying below 80* inside. This camper already has the 3rd AC with it. Although I'm normally not a person that get a ton of extras I figured I would consider it the length of the trailer. I did like the amount of space in these. Something that I have in the DRV as well.

By chance do y'all have a washer and dryer? If so, what brand ?

jbeletti

That's good to know about the heat and if staying below 80* inside. This camper already has the 3rd AC with it. Although I'm normally not a person that get a ton of extras I figured I would consider it the length of the trailer. I did like the amount of space in these. Something that I have in the DRV as well.

By chance do y'all have a washer and dryer? If so, what brand ?

I have the Spendide W/D separates in my Ashland. You're dealer can order and install these or you can get your own for dealer install. Some people like the Whirlpool units.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think with a rig this big 430 square feet you need 3 AC's. Ours has 2 15000 and 1 13.500 I believe the new ones are coming with 3 15000 right Jim ?
Also we do not have W/D and that closet is one of the things we really love about the floor plan. That is our catch all closet... Case of water, coffee water, coats, shoes, broom, Dyson vac, step ladder, all of it out of site and right there when we need it. We have to be home every Sunday so we do not need a W/D tho some trips it would be nice.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love our Ashland. We have spent about 40 nights in ours. The coldest was 2 degrees and the warmest was 105. We were completely comfortable. The 3 15K A/CSC are great to have,particularly in the south. They will cool the rig in a matter of minutes after hooking up to share power. The thing sheds water pretty good too. We were in ours during 14+ inches of rain in the floods in SC earlier this month. Very liveable Floorplan with tons of storage!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I think with a rig this big 430 square feet you need 3 AC's. Ours has 2 15000 and 1 13.500 I believe the new ones are coming with 3 15000 right Jim ?...

Jerrod - I never knew we shipped some with 13.5k ACs. My understanding is the same as you - three 15k ACs.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya not mine unfortunately
I didn't even know it had 3 when I picked it out of 2 they had on the lot ours was black and silver, King bed and bigger fridge. The ether one was brown and gray, queen bed and 3 door fridge.
After we picked it and was checking it out is when I realized it had the 3rd 13.5 AC
c36780e7f023ba0627e1528e9f8e3a25.jpg

Bryced15

Does the unit in the left of your picture have a heat pump by chance? All 3 of our units are 15k and look like the unit to the right in your picture.

Bryced15

All 3 of our units are the "smaller" looking units just like what is pictured to the right of your photo. They are for certain all 15k with no heat pumps. I'm guessing that if you have 2 heat pumps the "smaller" unit is the non heat pump 15k unit.

mbootag

Well I'll start with I LOVE our Ashland....
We have the 3 AC's and while in Jackson CA it was 109° outside and it held 76° to 78° inside direct sun, no shade around.
fbe24e6989d9ce3e34182baf49213629.jpg

As for the Ashland I think it is the perfect full time or part time RV.
The floor plan is perfect.
The massive storage inside and out.
The his and her bathroom sinks.
Lots of room in the bedroom around the king size bed.
Easy access to the bathroom from the living area or the bedroom with pocket doors at both ends. If you can get the pocket door in place of the swinging door to the bathroom like we have I would.

It is very quiet inside we just spent a week backed up to the ocean and with the windows open the sound was amazing, with them closed you could hardly hear it.
1d7605c47022572cdb27ec6801b4f0c3.jpg

The wood and cabinet quality are top notch.
We had a few minor issues the first few weeks, all fixed now and have just been loving it.
We have been on 8 camp trips 5 to 6 days each trip in the last 5 months and love it more and more every trip.
I've also done a few Mod's to make it even better.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Is that doran beach?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the help. I called four different dealers this AM before I tried to get some sleep.(I'm working nights) Two were useless and one was young. The last guy from Alabama was very knowledgeable and help explain every feature about both the DrV and Landmark trailers. He had me leaning very hard to the 365.

The current Ashland trailer I'm looking at is on sale for **k. So it's marked way down. It doesn't have full body paint but has both the Travelers package and quite a few of the options on the 365 Full Timers package.

If if he gives me a good price tomorrow on my trade I don't think I will turn it down.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it were me I would keep shopping for the full body paint if that's how you feel about stickers. I feel the same way. However I did a sun protection wax on my last rig every year and they were just like new even after 10 years.
I wish I would of ordered my Ashland from the factory, I would of added.
1) Disk brakes
2) slide topper's
3) Gen
4) Alumaguard awning covers
5) yetti package
Those are the things I didn't get, and have added most of them already.
Love the full body paint and I have pained my slides to match so now I really have full- full body paint.
33155e5eaeec24b47cb3cecf6345d27a.jpg

1e09a0d5217438d210e9685ce1680312.jpg

If it were me I would keep shopping for the full body paint if that's how you feel about stickers. I feel the same way. However I did a sun protection wax on my last rig every year and they were just like new even after 10 years.
I wish I would of ordered my Ashland from the factory, I would of added.
1) Disk brakes
2) slide topper's
3) Gen
4) Alumaguard awning covers
5) yetti package
Those are the things I didn't get, and have added most of them already.
Love the full body paint and I have pained my slides to match so now I really have full- full body paint.
33155e5eaeec24b47cb3cecf6345d27a.jpg

1e09a0d5217438d210e9685ce1680312.jpg

- I have slide toppers on my DRV now and I kind of hate them. They flap in the middle of the night and wake me if there is a wind gust or high sustained winds.
- It has generator prep so I'll eventually get one bought and install it.
- The yeti package would be great.
- WHen I purchased my DRV it was already 2 years old and stickers were already pealing back. Can't return from that! I believe I may be able to preserve these I hope ��
here is the window sticker that they have came down to **k for. I'll find out in the AM what they give me for mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator: