Losing my Prospective Owner Status

Dennyha

Well, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid! I just signed all of the papers, and did the PDI for a new 2015 Cyclone 3010. Found a few minor things, but all (except one) were fixed by the dealer while we were there. The seat supports in the garage were too short, and do not reach the floor, so the dealer will order new ones and ship them to me for an easy install. I actually will pick up the camper tomorrow.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the rolling "condo on wheels" club. As Jassson007 said, now check out the Heartland Owners Club and hopefully try to come to the North American Heartland Owners Club Rally in Goshen, IN June 16-19, 2015. It's a lot of fun and you can meet bunches of other Heartland owners.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Congratulations on your new unit and I'm sure you will enjoy as much as we do. The best thing you can do now is join the owner club it will change your life for the better it sure did for us and we love all the wonderful friends we have made. Best of luck hope to see you down the road.

thibideau

Congrats on the new Cyclone. Am sure you will get many hours of enjoyment in this unit. We love our Cyclone. Wishing you safe travel

OEFVET

Congratulations on your new Cyclone. This forum has already helped us so much over the last few months. Feel free to post questions as they come up. Someone on this forum will know the answer. Happy Camping!

TX_Clay

Well, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid! I just signed all of the papers, and did the PDI for a new 2015 Cyclone 3010. Found a few minor things, but all (except one) were fixed by the dealer while we were there. The seat supports in the garage were too short, and do not reach the floor, so the dealer will order new ones and ship them to me for an easy install. I actually will pick up the camper tomorrow.

Congrats on taking the plunge. Interesting, the legs were short on mine as well. I finally got them in from Heartland and installed both. That created a whole new problem. When the new legs contacted the floor. The seats kept going a little further to stop, causing the chairs to bow up in the front. Temporary fix was to stop lowering it when the legs contact the floor. We still love our 3010. FYI, when you look at your cable connections and say, geez, I wish they had labeled these. Lower one knee to the ground and then look up at the inside wall of your slam door.

Dennyha

Congrats on taking the plunge. Interesting, the legs were short on mine as well. I finally got them in from Heartland and installed both. That created a whole new problem. When the new legs contacted the floor. The seats kept going a little further to stop, causing the chairs to bow up in the front. Temporary fix was to stop lowering it when the legs contact the floor. We still love our 3010. FYI, when you look at your cable connections and say, geez, I wish they had labeled these. Lower one knee to the ground and then look up at the inside wall of your slam door.
As for the legs, the dealer took measurements and is going to forward them to Heartland. I don't know if it is going to make a difference or not. As for the cable/satellite hookups, I'll be sure to check them out from the bottom. Thanks.

Dennyha

I always read that without pictures, it didn't happen, so here it is. I'm sitting a little nose high, but not as bad as it looks in this picture. I can drop my hitch head an inch, and then I have to see if I can adjust my pin box. It is a Lippert 1621HD, so I don't know how adjustable it is.

Dennyha

I hope you're right because in that picture, it looks more than a little nose high.

Here is a picture more from the side. I believe if I can drop the front a couple of inches, which will bring the back up, I'll be pretty close.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We added Firestone Air bags to our srw which made a huge difference in leveling up the truck. Even our dually sits down a little more than I would like so we are thinking about doing the same thing again.
With all that said, it's still a great looking coach.

Dennyha

I dropped my B&W Companion hitch down 1", so it's as low as it'll go now. I loosened the bolts on my pinbox and adjusted it up as high as it would go. (I was amazed at how loose the bolts were.). I maybe got another inch at the most. Then, I tightened them up the way that I thought they should have been.

I hitched up and now the front is 2" higher than the back (measured from the ground up to the skirt, I have 26" in the front, and 24" at the rear.). I have about 7" of clearance over my truck bed sides.

I think that's about as good as I'm going to be able to get it. I think I should be OK.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I dropped my B&W Companion hitch down 1", so it's as low as it'll go now. I loosened the bolts on my pinbox and adjusted it up as high as it would go. (I was amazed at how loose the bolts were.). I maybe got another inch at the most. Then, I tightened them up the way that I thought they should have been.

I hitched up and now the front is 2" higher than the back (measured from the ground up to the skirt, I have 26" in the front, and 24" at the rear.). I have about 7" of clearance over my truck bed sides.

I think that's about as good as I'm going to be able to get it. I think I should be OK.

How will that be affected when weight is added into the garage??

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not sure if this would be an issue with the 5th-wheelers, but we had an incident on our way to Arizona two weeks ago going through a construction zone on the highway . . .

The road was really rough, and even at a reduced speed, we hit a huge bump and rocked the truck and trailer violently!

We heard a loud sound (can't describe the sound . . . but it wasn't good) . . . and when we pulled over at the next gas stop and I inspected the tires, I found that the bottom of the slideout bottomed out on the tires and ripped a gouge all the way around one of the tires, and later noticed it did the same on one of the other tires, but not as bad.

At first I thought I was about to join the BlowMax Club, until I discovered the tire marks on the trailer itself!

I have a photo, but can't figure out how to post it on my iPad ( I'll get my laptop out and edit this post in a minute and put the photo in).

OK . . . on the laptop now . . . here it is:

BadBlowMaxSmall.jpg

To make a long story short, I discovered there is less than a half inch of clearance between the top of the tires and the bottom of the slideout on one side and the floor on the trailer on the other side.

And to make matters worse, for some reason, the hitch was set up low in the front (spent over $400 at the hitch shop getting it set up :confused: ) so the front tires I couldn't even get the tips of my fingers to fit in that space.

bobca1

Took delivery of my 3110 (2015) and it has the same issue with the rear sofa legs. About 2 inches too short! They are ordering me replacements. The only other issue I have is the plastic stick-on tiles falling off behind the stove, after they came loose someone stuck them together back to back and now will not separate. So the dealer is also ordering me some replacement tiles. Spent past weekend in it at San Diego bay family loves it. Only problem I have now is finding a local place to store it!