Love affair begins to wain

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We switched our Shurflo to a Flojet variable speed pump. It's much quieter. We only really hear it in the bathroom when flushing the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Another thing to think about is that all the newer faucet/spickets, (Yankee faucet) or showers have flow restricters in them now. You are not getting as much water even thou it appears to be a full stream it has air mixed with it to save water.

remoandiris

CW has the coach again. The CW service tech told me one story about the slide fix and the HL cust svc rep told me another. CW tech said they talk to different people than the HL cust svc rep. Oh goodie.

One thing this whole sorry experience taught me is to not buy another brand new unit. I knew that 8 months ago, but my emotions overruled my brain. Now I'm paying the price, both literally and figuratively.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
CW has the coach again. The CW service tech told me one story about the slide fix and the HL cust svc rep told me another. CW tech said they talk to different people than the HL cust svc rep. Oh goodie.

One thing this whole sorry experience taught me is to not buy another brand new unit. I knew that 8 months ago, but my emotions overruled my brain. Now I'm paying the price, both literally and figuratively.

remoandiris,

I hate that the process has soured you on your coach. I know it's tough. You buy new, you expect NEW, not PROBLEMS. Hopefully, it will all work out, and you'll be able to enjoy your coach. I know many folks that have been through similar, including us. Now, we just roll with it. RVs, we learned, are always a work-in-progress. Always something to tinker with, fix, improve, adapt.

If it were me, I would trust HL over CW. If you don't like what CW is telling you, ask HL to send you to someone else for repairs.

remoandiris

On Jan 24 I spoke with a service advisor at CW in Cocoa. He told me the toilet bowl seal was due the following Tues or Wed. Yesterday I called to check the unit's status and never received a return call. Called back today and was told everything is done except the toilet bowl seal. It is expected to come in on Feb 14. WTH???

Spoke with my HL cust svc. Erik looked at the report and saw the seal was ordered yesterday. Yesterday???

I left a voicemail for the service manager. When he called me back he was very apologetic and said the service advisor is no longer in that position for a variety of reasons. He also said the seal will probably arrive by this Friday (I doubt it) and will be installed the day it arrives or the next day at the latest.

After this, I will never have any service at the Cocoa CW again.

kkamshop

FYI remo, just was reading on another forum an RVer complaining that the CW in Cocoa has had their unit for 18 weeks out of the 5 months they have owned it.

So you are not alone in experiencing poor service from them.

remoandiris

Picked up my unit from CW in Cocoa. Fl Thursday. I'm done with those idiots. IMO, the repair techs don't give a **** about their work, their customers, or their employer.

They found the part number for the awning lights, but failed to order the part. They couldn't find the part number for the toilet bowl seal, so they ordered an entire toilet and it is STILL on order. The tech found nothing wrong with the fireplace thermostat even though I have video of it not working. Same with the water pump. This isn't rocket science.

Hopefully one of the other 2 RV repair facilities in my area will have employees who respect for their profession.

alex00

That CW sounds awful. I've been following your "saga" since you first posted. Hopefully the professional RV repair shops can get you squared away. I'm betting a smaller RV repair place that has to do the job right to stay in business will be a much better choice.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

jdfishing

The above mentioned problems with CW in Florida are similar to my experiences with a CW in Calif. Weeks and weeks of run-around and nothing fixed. It's really too bad for us customers as RV repair facilities are difficult enough to find and the good ones are backed up for weeks or longer. I was in CW this morning for some supplies and noticed they are really promoting quality and timely service. They have some major perception problems to overcome, so we shall see. There service area almost had RV's stacked on top of each other because there are few other options available in my area.

donr827

I will drop by my mechanic's shop when having work done to see how things are going. Seems to get things done quicker. Face to face conversation are better in my opinion.
Don

remoandiris

I will drop by my mechanic's shop when having work done to see how things are going. Seems to get things done quicker. Face to face conversation are better in my opinion.
Don

My mechanic is MUCH more conveniently located than the CW in Cocoa. Not to mention competition breeds quality. As noted in a post about the CW in Calif, RV repair facilities are not readily available...like auto mechanics.

DW_Gray

On the first two pages of the this thread there is mention to use petroleum jelly on the seals/gaskets. I remember reading somewhere that petroleum jelly should NEVER be used on rubber products. I think Dometic only recommends silicone lubricants and silicone based furniture polish spray.

Petroleum jelly will cause deterioration of rubber.

caissiel

I have replaced this seal every year and every time the rubber is bad and we do not use anything but bowl sanitizer. The previous unit seal lasted 14 years.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

remoandiris

Opened the unit yesterday at a cg. Noticed the trim at the stove, the place that started my unhappiness with the coach, has become more damaged over time. I was afraid it would happen. I can only imagine how crapped up it will be in 2 years, even after it is "repaired".

The hits just keep on coming.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Opened the unit yesterday at a cg. Noticed the trim at the stove, the place that started my unhappiness with the coach, has become more damaged over time. I was afraid it would happen. I can only imagine how crapped up it will be in 2 years, even after it is "repaired".

The hits just keep on coming.

Pictures would really help others "see" or understand what the problem is. Thanks.

remoandiris

roller1.JPGroller4.JPGstove trim 1.JPGstove trim 6.JPGstove trim.JPGstove trim 3.JPG

Went to "advanced" and the file upload capability worked.

The first 2 pics are what it looked like shortly after I bought the unit. At the factory, the roller was placed too far inboard and there is no way to move the roller toward the outside wall. When the slides are extended, the roller was visible. The last 4 pics are what it looks like now. Bad. Just plain bad.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, a poor repair job at best.
Looking at picture #2 it sure looks like that roller could be moved back 3", but CW told you there is no room to move it, per one of your previous posts. I disagree.
Be sure to call Heartland Customer Service and be prepared to send those pictures.
You are right. Bad. Just plain bad.

Peace
Dave

remoandiris

No repairs have been done. This is just progression of the damage. I anticipated it would get worse over time, but expected it to take a few years.

I am considering several repair options. One is taking it back to LazyDays in Tampa, the place I bought it. The PITA with that is it is 3+ hrs away and I'd have to drive back several weeks later to get it once it is fixed. But, I have confidence it would be done right and I could stay on site to test things out.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
No repairs have been done. This is just progression of the damage. I anticipated it would get worse over time, but expected it to take a few years.

I am considering several repair options. One is taking it back to LazyDays in Tampa, the place I bought it. The PITA with that is it is 3+ hrs away and I'd have to drive back several weeks later to get it once it is fixed. But, I have confidence it would be done right and I could stay on site to test things out.
Lazy Days is probably your best option. Plus, you get to eat for free.