Lug nut torque

jimtoo

Hi Rking,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

The lug nut torque should be max at 120#, size of nut I don't know, but some one will jump in with some info for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

I DO NOT REMEMBER THE SIZE OF THE NUT, BUT IT IS STAMPED ON THE SIDE OF THE NUTS ON EVERY ONE OF MINE. Caps lock on! Remove one and inspect it and you will know the size as long as it is an OEM. Torque 120 flbs per Heartland and Performance Trailer Braking disk break installer.

Last edited:

Mark-Roberta 051995

Most 8 lug wheels have a recommendation between 110 / 125 ft. lbs. of torque if they are OEM (originalequipment manufacturer). I keep mine at 125

gasman

Camp Socializer
If you use an extension on the torque wrench it is important to note that a 3" extension loses 5 ft/lbs.

Az_Ernie

If you use an extension on the torque wrench it is important to note that a 3" extension loses 5 ft/lbs.
How extensions effect torque. I've seen a demonstration where a combination of 8 feet of extensions were used with no effect on torque at all.