Made a decision

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I have been looking at Auxillary fuel tanks for over a year and have finally made a decision and ordered a 50 gallon transfer flow in bed tank with the traxx system. I have looked at Titan, RDS, and others. Yes it was more than the RDS but with installation, and shipping it will run about 1400.00. I have a 2006 F250 and with 26 gallons in the OEM tank I can go about 250-270 miles with this system I like the idea of it telling me how many gallons I have in the OEM and also how many in the aux. It is supposed to start filling the OEM when it shows 5/8th. The only downside to this will be the fill ups. At least I can unhook and then go fill up. Ordered it last Wed. supposed to be delivered in 7 days then 3 hours for installation then another 3 to fill it up. I will post pics and let you know the results.

DougS

Doug S
Let us know how the installation goes. I have been looking at the same company, for a tank that fits under the Pace Edwards cover. It is a "L" shape tank, only 37 gallons, but the same features you are looking at. Still in the thinking stage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced the OEM 34 gallon tank with a Transfer Flow 56 gallon one. I used one of their local authorized installers and am happy with it. Both the installer and Transfer Flow were good to deal with and when a issue arose (bad sending wire), both were more than willing to quickly remedy the problem. The only downside is that the DIC can not be reprogrammed for the increased fuel capacity, so the Fuel Range display still thinks there's only 34 gallons in a full tank. No biggie, since the mpg and fuel used readings are still good and the fuel gage is accurate. Knowing 1/4 tank = 14 gallons, and I average 10 mpg towing, I can compute my range in my head.

lmcclure

One thing the we took into consideration was that this tank will fit under the Truxedo Tonneau cover when not pulling the Sundance and that if we get another truck we can transfer it to the new truck with just a transfer installation fee.

lmcclure

Tank was installed today and I picked up the truck. Went to the station to fuel it up, wish that I had taken a heart pill for the first time, and wouldn't you know it the price went up from $3.65 yesterday to $3.73.9 today. $186.00 in diesel just for the tank, but I had left the oem tank 1/4 full to see if it would fill it up as stated. Started out for home and it showed how much was in the oem and also the aux tanks. Then it stated that the pump was working and I watched the oem fill up. At my age this was neat. Had a small leak at the connection but after tightening it up a 1/4 turn all is well. Had a local man here Stacey Swallows to install it. Very professional job. I like the trax II system. Much better that everything is automatic and I don't have to do anything.