Mattress failure in 6 days, Lippert giving back $ 200. Can you buy a Mattress for $200 ???

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Remoandiris, I did answer your PM this morning in a helpful friendly way before I read this post this morning. I resent the fact that you think I blew customers off and was a none caring service advisor. I did not blow them off...I tried to make them happy. In fact when I would leave a dealer, my customers would hunt me down and come to where I was at for service. I did this for 47 years. You have never met me or no anything about me. I was making a point as to attitudes some people have when wanting help. I never wanted my statements to be a personal attack on anyone. Just trying to have an open mind about things. It seems to me that everything is a piece of "junk or the "C" word to you. Just what makes you happy???

I hope and wish you the best and that something, sometime will make you happy with life.

I know that a moderator will delete this post...and I don't care. I did get in trouble with Danemyer just quoting some words you used (the "c" word) in a thread.

Bob

PS.....you have my PH# now. If you ever want to talk man to man....Use it.

remoandiris

Bob, you don't know me, either and you make a whole lot of assumptions.

You are the one who implied you blew off customers. Here is a direct quote from you; "That was my MO when I was writing service in car dealers. "Hello sir may I help you" and then it was you SOB this car is all screwed up and YOU will get it if fixed or else. HUM, OK....well maybe I will, maybe I won't (under my breath)....maybe you should take it somewhere else and yell at them."

To answer your question about what makes me happy, I would be happy if HL stood behind their 1-year warranty. I would be happy if dealers correctly repaired problems the first time. But they don't, unless the customer keeps on their back, keeps calling the customer service rep, keeps calling the dealership, etc.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that what Bob implied is that the customer came in with the attitude of "get it fixed or else".
Then the service guy picked up on that and, well, one bad attitude spawns another, "maybe I will, maybe I won't".

But I do agree that customer service in most retail need some improvement.
It may not be the company, but the single person dealt with.

So now lets get this thread back on track.

Peace
Dave

thirdtimeround

Guys , I'm feeling like a couple of Beers and a campfire are in order, I'm buying! I started this post and if we could "direct that energy to Heartland" it would serve us all better. I did this back and forth with a member the other day. HL has to be sitting back and laughing. Fact is you both make valid points! How can we as a group make our disapointment's known and accepted by HL to make them a better company and us HAPPY CAMPERS ? MIKE

Bob&Patty

Here's my whole take on this. Some of our newer members on the forum must think that someone at HL sits and reads all the threads. That is not true by any means. If you have one or many issues. Call HL service direct and explain what is happening. Be it be poor repairs or service by a dealer. That should be told to HL. Ranting on the forum with NOT get your coach fixed. All it does is make you feel better I guess. I also feel it makes hard feeling's between other members when it becomes personal attacks. I also know that some rants will get people banned from the forum....it has happened. Going into any business screaming, jumping up and down will probably get you nothing.

Dave (cookie) is correct...I was trying to make a point. If you push a person hard enough...they will normally push back. Not one person in ANY service industry should have to take any verbal abuse from anyone. Hence my statement, " I didn't engineer it, build it or make you buy it". I personally will help anyone on this forum if I can. Including remoandiris and "mattress" Mike. But I will not be insulted or demeaned by anyone here. I don't get paided enough.

In fact many people in my chapter have brought the coach to my home and I have either fixed or helped them fix it. I have traveled to their home to help. I ask nothing in return from them. Want buy me a burger and beer, thats fine or just be my friend is all I ask. I am not tooting my horn...but that what I do for people with a HL coach. Many other people I know have done the samething.

Remoandiris, you have tried to get CW and someone else, I think, to fix your slide and all they have done is make it worse..correct? OK, my "sage advise" to you, in warranty..out of warranty. Call HL, ask for Jim Fenner, take off your boxing gloves, and in your nice voice and manner, explain what is going on. "Honey and vineger thing" Anything can be fixed, but you have to take it to someone that can do it RIGHT the 1st time. HL should be able to find someone in your area that CAN fix it. In fact if you want, I will Call J.B. and see if he can help you with HL and your slide issue. Fair enough??

Getting off the box now.

jeffdee

Getting back to the original topic of this thread, I got my 3110 last summer and during the PDI I sat on the queen bed. In an instant I knew that the mattress was not going to be comfortable. To make matters worse, the table tops were strapped down under the mattress, YUK! I moved the table tops to the top bunk bed of the garage and put the factory queen mattress on the bottom bunk. The thickness of the mattress is the same as the distance between bunks in the stowed position. I went and bought a Serta firm queen mattress for $350 and sleep great.

I have had several rv's through the years and the factory did not put quality mattresses in those units. I paid a lot for this Cyclone and have had a few disappointments but the good times and compliments from other campers have overshadowed the problems. When I start to encounter a disappointment I just step back and take a deep breath. For me it is more convenient and easier to correct the problem myself at my expense rather than to haul the rv 50 miles to the dealer and leave it knowing that they are always 2 weeks to 2 months behind in appointments. I am saving my warranty claims for big ticket items. I treat this rv like my 23 year old home... I do the majority of the maintenance and repairs myself.

remoandiris

Bob,

I really appreciate your generous offer to get personally involved in getting my warranty issues solved. I have called and emailed HL customer service reps several times. Nothing has gotten fixed right the first time. That adds to my anger/displeasure/frustration with HL and dealers. Even when I send HL and the dealer's service adviser pictures and video of the problem(s), I get lip service or "well, it worked for us".

Yes, I took my unit to CW in Cocoa, Fl twice (30 min one way) and to Lazy Days in Tampa once (2 1/2 to 3 hrs one way and about $100 in diesel, also the dealer I bought the unit from). CW fixed nothing (despite having the unit for more than a month) and Lazy Days fixed a few things, but not everything (despite having the unit for over a month). The service advisers at both places gave me different stories as to what was wrong and what needed to be done for repairs. I understand parts sometimes need to be ordered, but over a month and it isn't done right? Really?

CW in Cocoa is the closest HL dealer to me and I have ZERO faith they are capable of fixing anything in a timely manner. CW in Kissimmee is the next closest and at least 1 hr away. La Mesa RV is about 2 hrs away.

When I get home next week (RVing now) I'll call Mr Fenner and see if he can provide me assistance. The problems with my unit are more than just the slide, though that is the ugliest problem. I gave up on expecting HL to fix the toilet issue under warranty and decided to do it myself next week. That is the least of my worries. The Lazy Days service adviser I've been dealing with told me they'll fix the livingroom floor gouge problem and the unsightly kitchen trim separation "repair" (2 problems with the same slide), and HL has me down for a warranty issue that needs fixed once I get back from a 4-month trip I am taking at the end of next month. Maybe Mr Fenner can also address the fireplace thermostat problem. The Lazy Days tech told me "they all do that". I have 2 friends with similar units whose fireplace thermostats work fine. I really hate lip service.

remoandiris

To make matters worse, the table tops were strapped down under the mattress, YUK! I moved the table tops to the top bunk bed of the garage

LOL!! I slept on the table tops the first night!! The next day I put the big one in the garage bunks like you did. The smaller one is in the under bed storage.

thirdtimeround

Romandiris, That is funny ! My back hurts thinking about it!! I have all those tables under the bed with 2 heavy shipping/moving blankets. I took those straps off and relocated 1 each to he edge of the bed on each side. I then put the 2 kitchen stools on the bed and strap them down lightly. I've done 3500 miles and they don't move an inch. Mike

Bob&Patty

Romandiris, Ok, lets start fresh on this. It sounds to me like CW started all the bad vibes. If HL is now having an issue with adding another "same" repair dollar amount to what they have already paid, that might be understandable, well at least to me. Now, when you do contact HL....you need to explain all the things you have gone through. Also how many attemps that have been made. I still think you should have Jim Fenner find you an indepentent service center close to you. They need to "fix it right the 1st time", because that is the only way they make money and want your return business because they do not sell coaches to make money. I also think that the 2nd and 3rd times you have had CW attempt the repairs...they might have not been paid and just blew you off. In the auto world, if a dealer charges for a warranty repair and the owner returns with the same issue......the factory WILL NOT pay them again, its now on the dealer. If the person takes their vehicle to a different dealer for the same issue and repair within 90 days/4K miles. Guess what, the 1st dealer will be back charged the $$$$ they recieved, the tech will be back charged what he was paid and even the parts used if any. I bet if you took a nice trip north and dropped by the HL plant. I bet they would fix it lickity split. In fact if you have the time, you make the trip to the national rally this year. It's a gerat time and you might get all the things fixed there by a HL crew. Just a thought.

Anyway, give all this a whirl and see what happens. Keep us in the loop and call me if you need any other advise or help. Ya got my #.

Bob

Birchwood

The pillow top on the mattress in our Landmark bunched up only after a few months of use.We never bothered with warranty as a replacement would of been similar.If furniture is manufactured in Elkhart its for RV sale only and not really for use.