Maxiis Tires

jwalker1

Will the Maxii tires fit my standard rims on the 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD? I have ordered the Goodyear Marathons at a local tire shop but if I can change to the Maxiis I will. I should have read about the Marathons before ordering. I just want to get rid of the Towmax Power Kings. I don't trust them after having the blowout and now not knowing how much damage is done to the rig. I will get the estimates done when I reach my final destination of Lancaster, PA or Jackson, NJ. My wife took pictures and we had a mobile repair man come out and cut the hanging pieces of tin (the right rear quarter panel over the back two tires. Any assistance will be appreciated.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Maxxis brand will fit if your TowMax are the 235/80R16. We replaced our TowMax with Maxxis last year, and have been very happy with them. Wearing great!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Re: Maxiis

Yes.
The Maxxis tire is twice the quality tire at near the same price of a GY Marathon.

jwalker1

Thanks TravelTiger. I am going to call the tire shop tomorrow and change the order to Maxxis. I would rather spend another day here than to worry about the Marathon's or the TowMax tires. We left San Antonio three and a half weeks ago headed to Pennsylvania. I retired on 31 May and our daughter in PA is due Aug 9. Hopefully, we will make it before the baby. Once we arrive at our location we will get the estimates for the damage done by the blowout. Probably need the whole rear right quarter panel and the fiberglass wheel well covers that go over the two rear tires.

dougw

If its a Chinese thing, someone just recently posted that the new marathons are now made in the USA. Im not sure if thats true or not but....

I've had both and have had both brands with no personal issues with either but hey we're on a much lighter toy hauler. For me I just moved on to 17.5" tires and wheels. Out of the 2 choices I did like the maxxis better, they make tough dirt bike tires(g)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I say it's just plain poor quality and manufacturing --- whomever is making a tire (TowMax) that looks like this... Less than 2 years old, after only 700 miles on the ground.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343170712.757272.jpg