Mor/Ryde SRE4000 I found this at Hershey and found it interesting

Bones

Has anyone installed the Mor/Ryde SRE4000 system on their coach? I saw this at Hershey and thought this would be a good alternative to upgrade my suspension without the expense of an IS system. Even though I really like the IS system I don't think for our use that it would be a good investment so when I saw this I though this would be a good investment. To replace the current equalizer and upgrade my shackle bolts would be under 1k. That I should be able to save for and then upgrade in my driveway. Has anyone installed the upgraded shackle bolts with zerk fittings? Do they quiet the suspension down and stop the squeaking? I'm planning for improvements. :cool:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have no input on the SRE4000 system as I think it is about the same as the Lippert Equiflex that is on my Bighorn.
The wet bolt kit is a worth while expense. Notice that the shackles are about twice as thick as the OEM's on your rig. The bronze bushing is heads above the plastic ones now on your rig.
As far as noise is concerned, most of that comes from the spring leafs.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone installed the Mor/Ryde SRE4000 system on their coach? I saw this at Hershey and thought this would be a good alternative to upgrade my suspension without the expense of an IS system. Even though I really like the IS system I don't think for our use that it would be a good investment so when I saw this I though this would be a good investment. To replace the current equalizer and upgrade my shackle bolts would be under 1k. That I should be able to save for and then upgrade in my driveway. Has anyone installed the upgraded shackle bolts with zerk fittings? Do they quiet the suspension down and stop the squeaking? I'm planning for improvements. :cool:

We looked at the MorRyde SRE system when we knew we'd be replacing our shackles and lippert suspension. But We decided because we may not have the current rig for more than a year or so to go ahead and replace with Lippert components again. We did however put on Lippert's never-fail bushings. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442758985.054389.jpg
Top is Never-fail, two center are original bushings at 4 or 5 years old, bottom is standard nylon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

We looked at the MorRyde SRE system when we knew we'd be replacing our shackles and lippert suspension. But We decided because we may not have the current rig for more than a year or so to go ahead and replace with Lippert components again. We did however put on Lippert's never-fail bushings. View attachment 40182
Top is Never-fail, two center are original bushings at 4 or 5 years old, bottom is standard nylon
Thanks. I like the extra travel the SRE provides and dampening effect. I can't believe how worn out those bushings are.

caissiel

I balanced my tires when trailer was new and the regular bushings hardly wore in 6 years and 40k miles.
It's a small thing to change them anyway at less then $1.00 each. No wear to my shackles, though I carry spares.

TravelTiger

Recall that the Elkridge does not have shocks, so the springs and TrailAir suspension take a beating.

We upgraded to 7k axles and 3200lb springs after just one year... Due to flattened springs and a bent axle. We were by no means overloaded, but probably during the "low quality chinese steel days" that Lippert experienced around 2009, felt an upgrade was better than replacing and seeing the same results.

We had a shackle failure in summer of 2014, so all of them were replaced in the fall of 2014 as well as the trail air, all bolts and bushings.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442807525.609642.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442807561.728307.jpg

Titanguy

There are many on the Redwood forum that are changing to the SRE4000 with great success. I will be changing to the SRE4000 and shock kit soon. I had the IS on my last trailer and loved it but not sure I got $3k worth of value.

Bones

There are many on the Redwood forum that are changing to the SRE4000 with great success. I will be changing to the SRE4000 and shock kit soon. I had the IS on my last trailer and loved it but not sure I got $3k worth of value.
I agree about the cost. A lot of mula to shell out when we use our rig part time. weekend warriors. Good to hear other are switching out. I was looking at air bags from lippert but I'm not sure I want something that will be that involved in maintenance with air bags and stuff.

Bones

Here is a picture of my current suspension. I don't know if this is a newer version of the Lippert Equaflex of not. I like the idea of the rubber in the middle but not sure how effective it really is at absorbing road shock. I do not have shocks on this trailer either.

IMG_20150420_165933.jpgIMG_20150420_165923.jpg

You can see both of my equalizers in the one picture. I also plan on adding the cross brace which comes with the Mor/Ryde equalizer. That should help keep things stable back there

TravelTiger

What you have is Dexter's Easy Flex suspension.

nscaler2

We have had the Mor/Ryde IS system with disc brakes for almost 7 years. Yes it is expensive, but worth every penny. When you look at the leaf springs that ALL manufactures put on these things, and consider the weight they have to handle, they sure look under-designed. Look at the springs on your truck, (which weighs less) and you will see what I mean. They are beefier and more solidly attached. Besides the better suspension that the IS system provides, you get the equivalent of the Xfactor braces also (welded not just bolted in). This greatly strengthens you frame, which and Lippert frame could benefit from.