More Vertical Blinds

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Got the hall and small main slide windows redone with vertical blinds yesterday. A little spackling and paint and you have to look to find where the lammys and tension knobs were. Added bonus is the entire window now lets in light and they shut out more light when closed. I'll leave the bedroom and desk day/nights alone unless one of them bites the dust or falls off the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very nice!! Just to remind us-- you removed the side pieces, (the lambrequins) and the pleated shades. Did you have to make the cornice box bigger to accommodate the vertical blinds, and how did you do that?

JohnDar

Very nice!! Just to remind us-- you removed the side pieces, (the lambrequins) and the pleated shades. Did you have to make the cornice box bigger to accommodate the vertical blinds, and how did you do that?

Yes, I had to extend the top valence out about 1 1/2" to allow the vanes to rotate. For the long ones under the cabinets, I just added a filler piece, covered with the darker fabric from the lambroquins. The smaller ones, with the arched tops had to be rebuilt. I used 3/4" plywood for the top so I'd have a good mounting surface and 1/2" for the sides and face. I also cut an arch in the face of the ones for the small windows. The original fabrics and the arched insert were reused. A pneumatic staple gun with T50 staples made attaching the fabric and inserts easy.

JohnDar

We open them up and use rubber bands to hold them.

donr827

Nice job!!!!!! Our first rv had blinds which we liked much more then the day/night shades. Why did rv makers switch to day/night shades? Money?Don