Morryde sre4000

MIKEGELLO

Hi everyone
I’m going to be installing the morryde sre4000 on my 2014 key largo and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the original shocks could handle the increased travel I will now have.
Thanks mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hi everyone
I’m going to be installing the morryde sre4000 on my 2014 key largo and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the original shocks could handle the increased travel I will now have.
Thanks mike

Mike,
I’m interested in the sre4000 also. Looking to see how much height this system raises over the stock system. I need the additional height plus the improved ride would be a bonus.
Jamie

MIKEGELLO

Jamie
My trailer seems to ride decent now with that said I may not change mine do to the fact no one seems to really know if the ride will be much better. More concerning is the shocks! I know from being in auto repair for 30 years that the original shocks can’t possibly handle the increased travel. I’m honestly nervous to make things worse! Why are you changing yours?
Mike

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I thought of changing out the OEM equalizer to the morryde but instead I’m changing out the shocks to the joy riders after we get home from Texas
I’m sure the OEM shocks are shot. On the previous rig I swapped the OEM shocks for a set of Monroe shocks. First trip after the swap saw 2 of those leaking oil.
http://www.rvimprovementsystems.com/joy_rider.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Jamie
My trailer seems to ride decent now with that said I may not change mine do to the fact no one seems to really know if the ride will be much better. More concerning is the shocks! I know from being in auto repair for 30 years that the original shocks can’t possibly handle the increased travel. I’m honestly nervous to make things worse! Why are you changing yours?
Mike

With the higher ride height and higher bed sides of this tow vehicle, the trailer is riding slightly nose high. I was hoping to get a little lift in the rear of the trailer to help level things. And the improved ride would be an added bonus.

NYSUPstater

What about the overall increase in height of RV? I'm at 13' 3" now on the front. Coach came w/ the MoRRyde 3000 and seems to be fine. Just switched to wet bolt kit tho.

JWalker

What about the overall increase in height of RV? I'm at 13' 3" now on the front. Coach came w/ the MoRRyde 3000 and seems to be fine. Just switched to wet bolt kit tho.

We are at about 13’2” on the front bedroom AC. That is with the standard OEM equalizer. The Overall height should not change much. As the height increase will be near the rear of the trailer over the axles. The attachment point and hitch height will not change over the truck.

NYSUPstater

So if overall height doesn't change much, what would one be gaining by adding the 4000 unless coach didn't come w/ any kind of susp upgrade? Add too, if you have say the 3000, any add'l benny's of going to the 4000? Does weight of coach play into the mix?

Gary521

I talked with MorRyde about the 4000 system. The claim is that the increased travel of the 4000 will make the suspension better. They also said that you can leave your existing shocks on but it would be better if you took them off. I think that the existing shocks do not have the required length of travel that is necessary - but not sure. There are two different shocks that you can get for the stock placement point and the difference is the length of travel. They claim that the 4000 will raise the trailer less than 1 inch.

MIKEGELLO

Was thinking about the joy rider set up with the sre 4000. Anyone using these shock and success? Doesn’t seem to be many choice out there! I can’t imagine leaving the shocks out, something doesn’t sit right with me on that!
Thanks for any input!

mlpeloquin

I installed the Joy Rider shocks. It made a world of difference. Cabinets and freezer know longer open and have the contents all over the place.

MikeR

I installed the Joy Rider shocks. It made a world of difference. Cabinets and freezer know longer open and have the contents all over the place.

i had both the Joy Ryder shock system and the Liberty Rider spring system installed on my Big Country. The ride with the factory suspension was terrible. Our floor plan is a rear kitchen and we were constantly having things broken and spilled. The Liberty Rider allows each wheel react to the road independently. Unlike the factory shocks the Joy rider shock system actually work. Look at the angle that the factory shocks are mounted at. How could they even compress? I also have no shackels to worry about either. Our problems are solved!