My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

jbeletti

Couple days ago, I received a few pictures, updating the truck build. This series of pictures shows the truck bed installed, the coating installed in the bed and the Trailer Saver TS3 hitch sitting on a crate.

Truck with Bed on - Drivers Side - Rear.jpg Truck with Bed on - Passenger Side.jpg Truck with Bed on - Rear - Bed Coated.jpg Truck with Bed on - Drivers Side - DEF Tank Filler 1.jpg Truck with Bed on - Drivers Side - DEF Tank Filler 2.jpg Trailer Saver TS3 Hitch - Front.jpgTrailer Saver TS3 Hitch - Front Closeup.jpg Trailer Saver TS3 Hitch - Side.jpg Trailer Saver TS3 Hitch - Side Closeup.jpg Trailer Saver TS3 Hitch - Air Pump Closeup.jpg

ricatic

Looking good...great place for the DEF fill...kinda hard to put the DEF in the fuel tank when it requires opening a storage bin...lot's of room in that compartment to store your Motorcraft PM22A fuel additive...available in gallon quantities no matter what your dealer tells you;););)...part number is PM22A GAL...

Regards

jbeletti

Rick,

Taking your advice last week, I had my local Ford dealer order in a gallon of PM22A. He got it in 1 day. I have it in the garage now and will be taking it to Valparaiso with me to add during my first fill-up.

Your right, they had never heard of the gallon size. I told him to add GAL at the end of the part and he was shocked when it pulled up in the computer :)

Thanks Rick,

Jim

jnbhobe

Rick,

Taking your advice last week, I had my local Ford dealer order in a gallon of PM22A. He got it in 1 day. I have it in the garage now and will be taking it to Valparaiso with me to add during my first fill-up.

Your right, they had never heard of the gallon size. I told him to add GAL at the end of the part and he was shocked when it pulled up in the computer :)

Thanks Rick,

Jim

My dealer found it when I asked. I have a gallon of it in the truck too.

porthole

Retired
I don't mess with the gallons. Not really any cheaper and once the seal is broken they tend to leak. Have to make sure you keep it upright.
I have a chart on my phone of ounces to gallons and have 2 partially filled pint bottles with 4 and 8 ounces each that I keep in the truck.
Going on extended trips just means carrying extra pint bottles, sealed.
The stuff is like diesel fuel if you get it on your hands. Stinks and hard to wash off.

I like the idea of the DEF in the compartment. Sort of takes some of the oops factor out of the equation.

BTW, dieselfiltersonline.com stopped carrying the gallons because of leaks.

GETnBYE

Please keep this truck covered and don't let any of the guys see it at the upcoming rally in Gulf Shores that my hubbs will be at. PLEZZZZZZ Jim, just don't let him see the new truck, LOL
Looks great, btw
Nita

jbeletti

Please keep this truck covered and don't let any of the guys see it at the upcoming rally in Gulf Shores that my hubbs will be at. PLEZZZZZZ Jim, just don't let him see the new truck, LOL
Looks great, btw
Nita

Got ya covered Nita. I won't have the truck for this rally. Will go pick it up after Pine Mountain.

Jim

jbeletti

Duane,

Good points on the gallons. They're packaged like a gallon of turpentine or white gas. I'd feel better if they were in jugs like oil or window washer fluid.

I'll look into getting some smaller sizes and maybe refill them from the gallon jug at home, unless I'm on a long trip.

Jim

ricatic

Duane,

Good points on the gallons. They're packaged like a gallon of turpentine or white gas. I'd feel better if they were in jugs like oil or window washer fluid.

I'll look into getting some smaller sizes and maybe refill them from the gallon jug at home, unless I'm on a long trip.

Jim

I bought a 20 ounce container of PM22A the first time. I just refill it from the gallon jug. 20 ounces does 125 gallons which is over 1300 miles of towing. If I was going on a longer drive, I would take the gallon container. I was paying $40 for a gallon of PM22A so it was a bit cheaper than buying the 20 ounce bottles...YMMV

Regards

porthole

Retired
The cover is useful to keep the air bags out of the sun when not being used.
When you get it, check the airlines where they go through those aluminum protective covers. Mine were rubbing the edges, I added some wire loom over the hoses.

jbeletti

My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build - Vinyl Graphics

Hi all,

I'd like some feedback on vinyl graphics for the new truck.

Below is an image that is a "mock-up" of what the proposed graphics would like like on the truck.

I change out the RV every 1 to 2 model years. I always get full-body paint. There always seems to be some brown and some burgundy in the full body paint I get. But things could change.

Questions for you:
  1. Would you get graphics at all with the color of truck?
  2. If yet to paint, do you like the proposed graphics?
  3. If no to proposed graphics, what would you suggest?
Thanks.
Jim-Beletti-Truck.jpg

2010augusta

Re: My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build - Vinyl Graphics

I like to color and the graphics. Additionally if you can get graphics for "cheap" just use Vinyl Off and change out the graphics with each trailer. It took me less than 30 minutes to strip full side graphics off of the 450 with Vinyl Off.