New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

Sniper

Dang Jerrod that looks sweeeet! The whole rig looks very level. Is that a cut to fit teflon lube plate on your B & W? Where did you get that? I must have one. LOL :)

Alan_B

Now that I have enough miles on the truck, I finally hooked up the Bighorn. With the B&W Companion hitch on the highest setting, the fifth wheel is level and I have about 8" of bed rail clearance.

This truck really is nice. Lots of power, smooth, quiet, very comfortable. It pulls the Bighorn very nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 68

IronJ

I'm on it !!!!!
I'll come up with something.
My main man at Les Schwab was off last week so we'll come up with something tomorrow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Hey we got 2 installed on my neighbors rig!!..sailuns on it...truck read pressures fine!!..he had the stems swapped and i wish i had told him to ask what they used...he didnt know....but we can call tire guy tomorrow and ask....so far so good!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

No they were 16...aluminum 16s...his rig is an xlr triple axle th...we only got 2 because we were deleting the rest of the egr completely on my truck...

It heads for dyno tuning tomorrlw......come on 600hp...lol

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Now that I have enough miles on the truck, I finally hooked up the Bighorn. With the B&W Companion hitch on the highest setting, the fifth wheel is level and I have about 8" of bed rail clearance.

This truck really is nice. Lots of power, smooth, quiet, very comfortable. It pulls the Bighorn very nicely.

Lookin' good!

Alan_B

Hey we got 2 installed on my neighbors rig!!..sailuns on it...truck read pressures fine!!..he had the stems swapped and i wish i had told him to ask what they used...he didnt know....but we can call tire guy tomorrow and ask....so far so good!

That's good to hear. Please post details if possible.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Should I be using this in every fill up or every other ?
Anyone have an idea ?

0470a3a47dc99ddaa2c8f53fe7e5306e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IronJ

I run it every fill up...about 8oz

If your going to use it have the dealer order you a gallon. I used it religiously on my first 6.7 and had no problems. On my 2015 F350 dually I did not. Had the high pressure fuel pump internally come apart at 22,300 miles, ouch. It was covered under warranty but if it had not been covered it would have been a 8.5k repair. I am back to using it every fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

X2 on the gallons....they used to sell little cans and i saved a bunch of them to refill @carwheel did your pump fail because of lube or water??

Wasn't water or DEF in the fuel. I got a reduced power message and took to the dealer. Ford is very tight with approving this type of warranty repair. The whole top of the engine was disassembled and pictures were taken of the internals of the HPFP and samples of fuel were taken from the tank. They were looking for white crystals (DEF) or rust (water). Be sure to take a sample of fuel from the frame mounted fuel filter monthly. Use a quart glass jar and let the sample settle overnight. I always keep my fuel receipts, they had a rash of water in diesel around here, Baton Rouge area. Some folks went back on the station and had their repair cost picked up by the
distributer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

I run Optilube XPD in every tank. It beats the Ford stuff (and most if not all other brands) hands down for fuel system lubrication.

IronJ

I run Optilube XPD in every tank. It beats the Ford stuff (and most if not all other brands) hands down for fuel system lubrication.
I agree there are prob better options...but when dealing with ford and their warranty brigade its best to stick with motorcraft parts and fluids... the only thing that I ran not ford while I was under warranty was the oil (rotella t6)and my intake/air filter (s&b)