New diesel on the horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota Trucks

Remember, regardless of where the Toyota truck is produced, the bulk of the money goes across the pond. Think of all the GM, Chrysler, Ford plants employing thousands of US workers that have closed in part because of US citizens buying foriegn products.

I was a loyal Ford buyer for years. Then I bought my wife a mini van that has turned out to be crap! Transmission failed at 60k and the engine at 100k. This was after careful attention to maintenance. Ford's response was well "ho hum". My next car will be either a Toyota or Honda. Yes I do drive a Dodge Cummins and love it. If Toyota comes out with a decent heavy duty truck, I will give a serious look. The American auto companies had better wake up or there will be no domestic cars to buy!

nemo45

I don't own a Toyota and never have. However Toyota has the Toyota Tundra dually on the shelf. And if there is a need they will build it. It does seem odd that more and more foreign made cars and Trucks are made in the USA. And more and more American manufactors are building cars and Trucks outside the Country, thanks to the UAW? And as for as American made Trucks I have only owned GM Trucks, either GMC/Chevy and haven't had any issues and I use my Trucks, pull heavy and large 5th wheels and Gooseneck trailer hauling heavy John Deere equipment. I don't think the foreign manufactors makes any better Trucks than GM does. My problem with GM is how they have managed their Labor contracts. But of course all the Big 3 did the same thing, bad decisions. Buy what you want and be happy. If the Truck you want does the job then go for it. GBY....

So, the UAW and the Labor Contracts GM and the rest of the big three negotiated have pushed the manufacturing of cars and trucks outside the country? Could it be that one of the major parts of the cost of labor in the American auto industry is health care, that none of our foreign competitors have to pay is the cause? Even so, are there any better tow vehicles in the world than the American designed and manufactured diesels trucks? I think not. You could not pry my Dodge away from me. Everytime I hook it up to my fithwheel I marvel at how it performs.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Politics.

OK folks. Please leave the politics to the other forums. Let's keep it friendly and RV Related. ;) Thanks.

Tom of Ypsi

The new Ford trucks and engine will be much quieter, more so than the current 6.4. The hood of the truck is taller, bigger bolder look, beefier frame, 35 gallon fuel tank on the long beds with a 10 gallon UREA tank. The hitch option, bed liner and a few other things will be a Job 2 production if at all. These trucks in disguise are running all around the Dearborn, Mi area. As far as where they will be manufactured I will try and check on that but hopefully the good ole USA

palebluedot

The new Ford trucks and engine will be much quieter, more so than the current 6.4. The hood of the truck is taller, bigger bolder look, beefier frame, 35 gallon fuel tank on the long beds with a 10 gallon UREA tank. The hitch option, bed liner and a few other things will be a Job 2 production if at all. These trucks in disguise are running all around the Dearborn, Mi area. As far as where they will be manufactured I will try and check on that but hopefully the good ole USA

Does anyone know just how much it will cost to fill a 10 gallon UREA tank and where it can be purchased. I read somewhere if you run it dry, the engine will go into "limp home" mode (5 mph). That would be a PITA on some of those remote roads out West. I understand that the Dodge Cummins don't require UREA but I may be wrong about that.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My new 2010 F350 6.4L is so quiet I hardly know it is running, but step on the throttle and wow. Much better than my 7.3 with the Banks. Something to remember, new F350 has a black box that records throttle input, steering input, brake input, seatbelt usuage and several other functions. All of this is down loadable for law enforcement, dealers and others. It also rides much smoother and quieter than the 1999 F350. Ford has made substantial improvements.

Tom of Ypsi

No one that I have talked to knows who is going to sell the UREA. Will it be just the dealers or special places other than gas stations is any ones guess. I am sure when it is all said and done the government will settle this. What I have heard Dodge will also have the UREA tanks. This is for the new model trucks for 2011 or 12 with the new mandated mileage and emissions.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Oh crapola. :p I haven't been following this thread, but with time on my hands here in the motel room, I decided to "peak" at it.

Now I don't know what to do. I was planning on buying a 2010 F-450. Now, after reading these posts, I don't know if I should or wait for the totally redesigned 2011.

This will be my last truck as I will retire at the end of 2011 (or maybe the middle), but you all just complicated my decision. Now I don't know which Ford to buy:confused::confused:

thanks Guys:eek:

Keith

nscaler2

Maybe people are tired

of spending huge amounts of money for a vehicle and having the transmission, torque converter, EGR valve and EGR cooler shell out in less than 40Kmiles. Yes it was all covered under warranty. But none of it should have happened in the first place on an expensive "Built Ford Tough" vehicle. Now I have NO confidence in my tow vehicle. I am just waiting for what the next shoe to drop is. I have had Honda cars and currently own a 2003 Toyota Carolla for my save gas vehicle. Since 1981 NONE of my Hondas or Toyotas have spent so much as a day in the shop for other than scheduled maintainance. How many of you can say that about their American (Canadian, Mexican) made vehicles. If Toyota came out with a diesel big enough to tow my rig tomorrow. I would own one the day thereafter. I'm sorry, but I spend my hard earned bucks on things that will LAST for a while and do what they are intended to do. Obviously my Ford doesn't qualify and I sincerely doubt that the other two the the big 3 would either. :(

jbeletti

Okay folks. We're a bit off-topic (Ford Scorpion diesel engine discussion). Time to close this one. Cyncwby, feel free to start a New Thread on the topic if you wish to continue the Scorpion dicussion.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.