New from texas- its almost here!

rono

Man beautiful rig. We ordered ordered our 3160 around Dec 16th. We too got the black and red paint but ours looks a little different than yours. We pick ours up Feb 27th and we too will spend a couple days moving into it and doing a live in pdi. By the way our camping travelsing friends bought a 3160 too with the same paint. They had sob while we had a BH 3070. Here are a couple pics of ours and theirs lol

IMG_0019.jpgIMG_0021.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Interesting! It looks like the same "mask" but the cream and gold are reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rono

Thats what I noticed traveltiger and the bottom of front is gold also. Amazing how things change at the factory. I guess ordering a fifth wheel is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get. Lol

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thats what I noticed traveltiger and the bottom of front is gold also. Amazing how things change at the factory. I guess ordering a fifth wheel is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get. Lol

Well you may have a "limited edition"! That's really pretty neat, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

It took a lot of extra work and Dollars- but I just did not like that much gold- it is a one off- at least for now- the managers saw it and really like it as well and supposedly are considering changing to it - I pretty much almost had to buy sob before they agreed and told me a $$amount- but it was totally worth it - dealer had it detailed and everything on and working only found1 damaged cabinet door- everything else has worked great- got dish travlr mounted and working- tomorrow the generator - and also the new roof design and a/c ducts and insulation worked great in full 92degree sun today- details and pics to come.......gotta go test shower!

esscobra

First campground pics! Busy weekend testing everything out- only few small cosmetic issues so far! got dish travlr installed and working- added maxx-air covers, installed camco cyclone vent on black and the 360 units on black tanks- got progressive installed- recommend everyone check their power cable for cuts and tightness- the output of the factory transfer switch connections were not tight - had a lot f extra length that was folded up in transfer switch which left some exposed copper showing from some cuts from stripping o shielding, as well as out clamp not even tightend at all. got generator mounted- and mocked up tank - hopefully will have time this weekend to get some more pics and get genny running-

Attachments

• IMG_7903.jpg
    IMG_7903.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7922.jpg
    IMG_7922.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7929.jpg
    IMG_7929.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7930.jpg
    IMG_7930.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7928.jpg
    IMG_7928.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67

TxRoadWarrior362

First campground pics! Busy weekend testing everything out- only few small cosmetic issues so far! got dish travlr installed and working- added maxx-air covers, installed camco cyclone vent on black and the 360 units on black tanks- got progressive installed- recommend everyone check their power cable for cuts and tightness- the output of the factory transfer switch connections were not tight - had a lot f extra length that was folded up in transfer switch which left some exposed copper showing from some cuts from stripping o shielding, as well as out clamp not even tightend at all. got generator mounted- and mocked up tank - hopefully will have time this weekend to get some more pics and get genny running-

Is that a diesel gen set?

esscobra

no its the onan - 7000 watt fuel injected same size as 5500 uses same controls in factory gen prep - just has small fuel pump

esscobra

Its the new 2017/2018 paint scheme-

her are photos of the a/c ducting design with the new truss roof - so far works really well- cools well and quickly compared to previous system that tested at dealer with old duct system- will be spending 5 days on open asphalt at nascar track april 4-9- so will be able to judge better on cooling and will be using all summer in south texas to test out. And the new insulation is a heavy green fiber type-packed in there pretty good- did not snap pic as was trying to get dish installed and dicor down asap- will get a pic in next few days-

Attachments

• IMG_7073.jpg
    IMG_7073.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8039.jpg
    IMG_8039.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8040.jpg
    IMG_8040.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8042.jpg
    IMG_8042.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 57

Paradise2

Its the new 2017/2018 paint scheme-

her are photos of the a/c ducting design with the new truss roof - so far works really well- cools well and quickly compared to previous system that tested at dealer with old duct system- will be spending 5 days on open asphalt at nascar track april 4-9- so will be able to judge better on cooling and will be using all summer in south texas to test out. And the new insulation is a heavy green fiber type-packed in there pretty good- did not snap pic as was trying to get dish installed and dicor down asap- will get a pic in next few days-

did you have any issues installing your satellite traveler dish. Our trailer wiring was so bad so many lines had bad crimps in them. He had to do lots of adjustments... so sad with this unit. Jensen radio system crashed after turning on for 2nd time. Factory left screws under carpet when opened up 2nd time totally ripped the flooring. Vents on top were damaged since we live out of state and purchased from Michigan, they sent us a new one and that was damaged. For the money we paid a little disappointed. Major headache for hubby. Already have lots of warranty work to do!! Glad all is going well on your end. Other than that we love it! Lynette

esscobra

only deciding where to mount it- as with new roof design- had looked at and pics of 2017's but on mine they moved the vents and and the bath vent fan -living room tv came right up- bedroom tv got left off order somehow- so hoping to get installed this weekend and hopefully wiring will work- had a few issues as well- it seems pretty common for loose screws under slides and mess up flooring- dealer has had several happen to also- and also loose fan blades that fall- one window was missing a screen, a few small nicks and a small gap/overcut on a switch- and a this weekend after long all day rain - have 1 window leaking- luckily its from top and into channel and drains outside- waiting on heartland to update on resolution-

Paradise2

only deciding where to mount it- as with new roof design- had looked at and pics of 2017's but on mine they moved the vents and and the bath vent fan -living room tv came right up- bedroom tv got left off order somehow- so hoping to get installed this weekend and hopefully wiring will work- had a few issues as well- it seems pretty common for loose screws under slides and mess up flooring- dealer has had several happen to also- and also loose fan blades that fall- one window was missing a screen, a few small nicks and a small gap/overcut on a switch- and a this weekend after long all day rain - have 1 window leaking- luckily its from top and into channel and drains outside- waiting on heartland to update on resolution-

Sorry for your issues....but glad to know it's just not our unit...hubby been working non stop to get everything redone so it's ready to head to Nascar on Monday. He is also installing an Inverter and a basement TV (48"). Hubby wished he would of put in the automatic reel in the back - dealer talked us out of it.

Thanks for your response!

esscobra

yeah - me too- we have 2 spots in infield at texas- trying to get everything installed and moved in before april- hoping to get generator running this weekend and install tv in bedroom and 1 in cargo bay also- just depends on what local repair shop wants to do on window- and heartland getting parts out-

TxRoadWarrior362

yeah - me too- we have 2 spots in infield at texas- trying to get everything installed and moved in before april- hoping to get generator running this weekend and install tv in bedroom and 1 in cargo bay also- just depends on what local repair shop wants to do on window- and heartland getting parts out-

See you at TMS. We're in two spots, S2 and S4. Lone Star Circle

Nuclearcowboy

Wow, looks like your SRW is loaded pretty heavy with that unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Man beautiful rig. We ordered ordered our 3160 around Dec 16th. We too got the black and red paint but ours looks a little different than yours. We pick ours up Feb 27th and we too will spend a couple days moving into it and doing a live in pdi. By the way our camping travelsing friends bought a 3160 too with the same paint. They had sob while we had a BH 3070. Here are a couple pics of ours and theirs lol

View attachment 50019View attachment 50020View attachment 50021View attachment 50022

We ordered our unit last August, picked up in October. It too has full body paint but looks much like yours with gold fronting and not the cream that esscobra has. I'm wondering???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 42

esscobra

Wow, looks like your SRW is loaded pretty heavy with that unit.

Have not gotten to scales yet- but actually no - tows really well and the airbgs are really good with ride and clearance at 55psi- clos to factory rear height- but at unloaded height puts bed close to rv- chevys really *** high- I spent months researching weights capacities of truck trailer and barring any major unknowns in trailer weight should still be under max weights- what concerns me is the 40+ toyhaulers an landmarks on srws with 18+ weights- Ive towed 48ft race car trailers, semi's and for last 6 years a 32ft 36-3ft overall travel trailer- and this tows much better- and with upgraded brakes/axles - controller set on 3- trailer will stop both incredibly well- shorter than I could even hope for- no doubts truck would pull bigger and heavier easily - but yes this was upper end of my safety/legal concerns. I am not full time - and on way home in 35mph winds no isssues being pushed around- no issues with 75mph semis on interstate- Ive towed with duallies and srw- and if was full time and long hours on road- sure I would prob use drw - but with todays trucks (btw - its a 2016 ) they can tow more than most people should be towing.
- - - Updated - - -

We ordered our unit last August, picked up in October. It too has full body paint but looks much like yours with gold fronting and not the cream that esscobra has. I'm wondering???

It took a MAJOR ordeal to get the colors

esscobra

forgot to upload pics of the main power wires- I know the cuts don't look like much - but when the wires are folded into "S" shape inside transfer switch those cuts open wide up and when I took cover off bright shinny copper was staring at me- the wire clamp was not even attempted to be tightened and 2 of the screws holding the wires in sockets were barely what I would call snug- I should have gotten pic of way it was but was already up into compartment installing progressive and just couldn't reach phone for pics-didn't think I would need it -

Attachments

• IMG_7929.jpg
    IMG_7929.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7930.jpg
    IMG_7930.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 39

esscobra

should have lots of extra storage once get wiring cleaned up- theres 2-3ft between wall and main floor deck and another 3 ft on main deck

- - - Updated - - -

had goodyears put on and snapped pic of axle upgrade on bighorn - brakes are huge- and stops truck on level 3 of controller

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 37