New Haul and Tow RV transporter truck build..... Season II

Netem

Mike, truck looks great,I hope you can get on the road and make lots of money with it as I know you have put alot of hard work in this.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thank you Niel, Hopefully we'll at least salvage the rest of the year.

Assembly is going smooth. Quarter fenders, air bags, mud flaps, grass skirt, retroreflexive tape and some other stuff is done.

IMG00583-20100618-1850.jpg IMG00586-20100618-1850.jpg IMG00591-20100618-1852.jpg IMG00593-20100618-1901.jpg IMG00596-20100618-1901.jpg

I used about 70' of 3M reflexive tape. The night shots are taken with no lights on. That just the glow from the tiny little led flash on my Blackberry.

If you hit me and say you didn't see me you are......

- a). Blind
- b). Stupid
- c). All of the above

Hint..... If you can read this and don't know the correct answer..... The answer is "B"

IMG00603-20100618-1903.jpg IMG00604-20100618-1903.jpg IMG00607-20100618-2100.jpg IMG00609-20100618-2101.jpg IMG00612-20100618-2101.jpg

irvin56

My teacher always said choice "C" most of the time.

I failed the IQ test here.

THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL looking setup.
you have an amazing talent. When you get loaded up for a double haul PLEASE post a few pics.

Take care and thanks for sharing your built.
IS there a 3rd series in the building department ??

pmmjarrett

Looking very good Mike. Hope you can stop by the rally in Nashville to show us that baby - if timing works out.

Jim

She's a 10 footer LOL. Don't look too hard at the paint, it's horrible, think I got more paint on me and the shop floor than I did the truck. I ain't putting out the time and money right now on paint when I may be making some changes in the near future.

Should be in Elkhart area tuesday afternoon, have my annual safety class on wed and hopefully depart on thurs. If you're around mabey hook up and grab a bite.

I should be about ready to head back home around the rally dates so I am going to give it my best effort to get there.

I'm trying to make it Jim.

pmmjarrett

My teacher always said choice "C" most of the time.

I failed the IQ test here.

THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL looking setup.
you have an amazing talent. When you get loaded up for a double haul PLEASE post a few pics.

Take care and thanks for sharing your built.
IS there a 3rd series in the building department ??

LOL If you had to take "C" go ahead and turn in your license and lock yourself in a room.

Pics loaded are coming soon. Wish I could get a video of loading this thing. Anybody around Elkhart area with a video camera wanna shoot this.

I have some ideas in my head if I want to further expand my operation to being able to transport 3 - 4 units at a time on a 75' stinger steered articulated tractor trailer that won't even need ramps to move a unit from the trailer to the truck or vice versa.

Travel safe Mike. If you can take vid with your Blackberry, email it to me and I will convert and post it. I won't be in IN next week sorry. If you want to grab a bite traveling through Chicago, I may be able to meet you in say, the Cabela's parking lot on I-90 at IL-59 and eat nearby :)

Hope to see you in Nashville if it works out for you.

Jim

pmmjarrett

LOL If you had to take "C" go ahead and turn in your license and lock yourself in a room.

Pics loaded are coming soon. Wish I could get a video of loading this thing. Anybody around Elkhart area with a video camera wanna shoot this.

I have some ideas in my head if I want to further expand my operation to being able to transport 3 - 4 units at a time on a 75' stinger steered articulated tractor trailer that won't even need ramps to move a unit from the trailer to the truck or vice versa.

Travel safe Mike. If you can take vid with your Blackberry, email it to me and I will convert and post it. I won't be in IN next week sorry. If you want to grab a bite traveling through Chicago, I may be able to meet you in say, the Cabela's parking lot on I-90 at IL-59 and eat nearby :)

Hope to see you in Nashville if it works out for you.

Jim

Mabey I can tape the Barackberry to a stick.

pmmjarrett

Holy overhang Batman! Might be getting light on the steers with 2 trailers on.

Nope, not an issue. My engine weighs more than some of the trailers I load. I have 9500 lbs to play with on the steer axle of this 17,000 lb truck. The weight is carried right at the notch behind the drive tires not on the tail.

pmmjarrett

Got the IFTA and IRP registration done and have it leased on, loaded and rolling with two 25' trailers.

Loading was much easier with this new bed and I didn't even break a sweat doing it. N/K

IMG00624-20100624-1933.jpg IMG00626-20100624-1933.jpg IMG00629-20100624-1934.jpg

jimtoo

That looks really good Mike. Looooooonnnnnngggg ,,,,, but good...:D Take care and hope to see you in Nashville.
Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Great job on your build. Sure seemed to go fast. Looks good. Be safe and have a trouble free trip.

debh

woohoo mike!! looking good!

ok, so this has been bugging me since you 1st sen me pics.......... what company owned that truck before you? i can picture it but cant remember the name! very distinctive paint job! going nuts searching the oh so very shallow depths of my mind!!

pmmjarrett

Thanks all. Pulled off 10.7 MPG loaded when I fueled up in ND today. Would have been a bit better but have been fighting wind and rain all day. Pretty happy with it so far.

I made a deal with her today. Every week she behaves, she gets a Benjamin set aside for a nice paint job and some chrome, if she misbehaves I take a Benjamin back so if she wants to be pretty she better behave.

Jim, I'm trying to make it.

Dew, Alberta

Pug, 969,000 on chassis, Engine ????? ECM shows 500k and engine looks like it was changed, has no blowby, 40 psi oil pressure at 1300 RPM all day and oil is still clean after putting 5000 miles on it since I bought it. Truck is mechanically sound, needs a lot of TLC on little stuff and needs new paint.

Deb, Sherman Brothers Heavy Trucking out of Oregon. She got her butt worked hard for the first 11 years, I'm her retirement present.