New Tires

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
psi is not always stamped on the rim

Check your rim to see what the air pressure max is.

I agreed with this quote - until today. My new wheels came in today from a retailer who purchased them from Tredit. There is no psi on the new wheels, but there was on the old. They did say 3,750 for the max weight, so they are basically exact replacements.

Only other difference was that these two were manufactured in China, the one that I am replacing was manufactured in Argentina.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Jim,John, Scott or whomever has an opinion:
When I bought my 3400RE a few weeks ago I was told by the dealer that it wouldn't have Chinese tires on it. Turns out they are Mission tires made in China. Is there something wrong or has there been trouble with these tires? If so I will go out and buy which ones? More money down the drain. It seems silly that if this brand is faulty, why wouldn't Heartland install better tires at the factory? Let's keep everyone safe as possible. And is it worth it to get steel stems amd/or some kind of pressure sensor in case of leakage or damage and what brand does anyone recommend? Lastly, is Tyron worth it, as if there is a blow out the tire is supposed to remain around the rim, and not damage the coach?

jbeletti

Larry,

Steel valve stems - do it. Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - get one.

Mission tires - your call. Heartland specifies a specification to their suppliers but not a brand. So they will be supplied several brands. The exception is the Landmark where they do specify Goodyear and at significant added expense.

Many people get decent service life out of Mission tires. The expectation is that you will too.

In terms of your dealers statement that you would not get Chinese tires - not really sure how they can state that with certainty. Even all Goodyear tires are not made in the USA.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have to say that even with all the bad publicity of Mission tires here on this forum, our Mission tires have held up very well all things considered. We are weekend campers from early April till late October. We camp with few exceptions every single weekend. We typically travel 20-30 miles from home. We will also have a least one long trip for the season which will consisit of many hundreds of miles. So for the past 2-1/2 seasons of ownership our Mission tires are still holding.

That's not to say that I'm not always weary of what could happen. I do intend to make a change this year though.

Mark

Delaine and Lindy

Our last 5er came with the Goodyear G614 rst and I always ran them at a 110 lbs never had a problem and when we sold the 5er the buyer ask if they were new. They never ran hot, however the inflation does change during the different seasons. However before I move our 5er we always check the tire pressure. And we also always ran the Pressure Pro system. The BH 3600RL that we are in the process of getting has a tire called Freestar? I will replace them with the Goodyear G614's as soon as I have the money, the quote I have gotten is $227.00 a tire plus mounting and Balance. We also will be getting a new Pressure Pro system.

As for Tredit Wheels, I had terrible luck with them, had two to crack and then I put Alcoa Aluminum wheel on the 5er. I sure hope we don't have the same with the new BH. I'm almost positive they are Tredit wheels. I will also say that Keystone stepped up and repayed us for the new wheels. Hope Heartland is as good as Keystone. I do believe you should run the G614s at 110 lbs of pressure. Good Luck.... GBY....

regan

Regan
Tire pressure monitoring is the only way to go. I think the tires get the blame and may not be the cause. My last leak was valve stems, which I replaced with steel. If I hadn't of had the monitoring system that warned me one tire was low, I would have blamed it on the tires...