New to me Mor/Ryde ala dprince99

gpshemi

Just giving a shout out to dprince99 for selling me his left overs. Thanks bud.
Looks like I have a spring install now. Been wanting to try one of these for some time now. Should work pretty well for the minor chucking we get.

dprince99

Hey, Thanks for the shout out, Hope everything works out for you guys.
Also hope to see you guys @ the Michigan rally this year, I may need some support as the group sees that Ginny & I are now SOBs

readytohitheroad

had a dealer tell me that a mor/ryde hitch was not needed on a 3950 as the trailer weight did not require it....
he also told me I would be purchasing a new fifth wheel every 2.5 years
quite a shocking discussion

Tool958

had a dealer tell me that a mor/ryde hitch was not needed on a 3950 as the trailer weight did not require it....
he also told me I would be purchasing a new fifth wheel every 2.5 years
quite a shocking discussion
I don't know of very many people who could afford to trade that often. I know I couldn't and that is why I went with our Cyclone to begin with. If you do have problems Heartland's record speaks for itself. I know every brand has their problems at one time or another but Heartland seems to have a good track record of solving or changing the way a trailer is built to solve any future problems. They also listen to the consumer about any problems or changes that need made.

gpshemi

Well finally got on the road this weekend after a few weeks delay with tire issues. Put some Duravis R250's on it. That should solve those issues for a long while I think. They're about twice as heavy as the Power Kings.

In any event, I also had the new hitch on. I gotta say...I'm not all that impressed really. I didn't really notice much of a difference. In fact, at times, I though maybe I prefered it less. Admittedly, my nose is a little high still yet. Still working on leveling her out, but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference.

CrazyCooter

I didn't feel much of any difference with my Morryde either. I can see it is moving by the witness marks on the lower plate, but didn't notice any increased ride quality....if anything, it is a little more loose and sloppy. I have yet to see where it has hit the limit stops

I know it is helping dampen my violent double disk clutch while starting though.

Mine has the 14,001-18,000 cushion installed and I'm right in the middle of that.

jbeletti

Are you talking about the MOR/ryde pin box?

The standard shear spring is probably not up tithe task of a 3950.
Contact MOR/ryde about a different - heavier spring.

I wil be getting the next heavier shear spring from Mor/ryde at the Gillette rally. I heard clunking a couple of times - thought it was my old Curt Q5. Showed it to Gary Wheeler (Mor/ryde) at their shop early this month and he showed me the glide marks on the plate and then I could see where the rear of the pinbox had banged up against the front part a couple of time.

It was the end of the day and the workers had gone home and Gary had en evening appointment, so no time to change it then. He would have sent me home with one to install myself but I've been too busy to get to something like that at home - so I asked him to bring it to Gillette.

This all said, I have wondered, am I better off with the Mor/ryde pinbox versus the Trailair with TriGlide. I did have some issues with my TriGlide, but man, when it had no issues, it really worked well.

ihsolutions

Jim, are you using the Tri-glide with your new TS3?

I just upgraded to the TS3 from the BD3 Trailersaver, and noticed an improvement, but I still get chucking.

I'm using the standard 1621HD pinbox after removing my tri-glide, because it was too short -- when my tailgate was down I only had 1/2" of clearance to the fiver when fully connected to the hitch.

I have been considering the Mor/Ryde pinbox to address the chucking issue. It is wildly frustrating to keep changing hitches and pinboxes so much. I just want to be done lifting heavy things for a while.

jbeletti

Jeff,

Yes, I am using the TS3 hitch and the Mor/ryde pinbox. I still get chucking. Better than no alternative hitch/pinbox - yes. Better than Trailaire with TriGlide - not sure yet. I am still working on optimizing TS3 air bag pressure and the AirLift bag pressure on the truck.

So far, I have NOT been able to relevel the truck with the AirLift bags. I know this though - 65# is too much! Way bouncy!. Using 55# on the AirLift bags while trailering thus far.

I'll have the coach weighed in Gillette. I'm expecting a HEAVY PIN.

porthole

Retired
Jim

TS3 - all of my playing around has got me running the TS3 with the white line about 1/2" higher then even with the main frame.

That height seems to give the best ride.

Having used an air pin box, air hitch, slider hitch etc, my preference with a heavy trailer, heavy pin weight is the MR pin with a heavier then standard shear spring.

Keep in mind that the MR pin also absorbs some side to side loads (unless you are using a SuperGlide hitch). The plate will move side to side about 1" from center.

I have my AirLift wireless controller on the hitch now and have been adjusting it in the "fly".

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lmz2vs
iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Duane,

Have not considered a CAT scale. Don't really want to unhitch for the 2nd weigh as I really want to know my pin weight.

The last leg of my current trip, I too ran the TS3 a bit higher than the white line marking. Just trying various combinations to get the best ride comfort.

Roger on the scales - they are precision units, hopefully they are built for rugged handling too :)

ihsolutions

I've been running the TS3 higher than the white line, probably 1/2" to a little bit more. Reason: clearance to the truck bed rails. I've got the standard pinbox back on there. I have an appointment to meet with Aaron at Hensley next Thursday (they are 20 minutes from my house) to change out the standard 2" spacers on the hitch with 3" spacers. That will certainly help. I've got 8000lb Dexter axles and springs, and the trailer sits a touch nose-low. So 1" should be perfect.

I do not have airbags on the current truck, but did on my old 3/4 ton. I miss them. They did definitely help reduce chucking (surprisingly).

gpshemi

Mine too. I might be closer to the 18,000 when I have the ST Express in the back though.

I was thinking perhaps the spring was too hard in my case.

Porthole, I can't figure out how you and I have different experiences sometimes. LOL.
I hate my AirLift Wireless unit! In fact, I just ordered a Firestone dual controller and I'm tearing this wireless junk unit out. (and it's a next generation replacement unit at that!!). Just a lousy design.

porthole

Retired
Have not considered a CAT scale. Don't really want to unhitch for the 2nd weigh as I really want to know my pin weight.

On our current trip, loaded for NASCAR boon docking, we stopped at the CAT scales.
20 minutes from the time I pulled in until the time I was paid up and re-hitched and on our way.

Porthole, I can't figure out how you and I have different experiences sometimes. LOL.
I hate my AirLift Wireless unit! In fact, I just ordered a Firestone dual controller and I'm tearing this wireless junk unit out. (and it's a next generation replacement unit at that!!). Just a lousy design.

My 1st Generation version had some problems, replaced under warranty. I really like both my original kit and the current kit.
Works pretty good for the trailer (air ride hitch).