Noob questions....

Abear79

Gulf_coast_girl, you got this!! Sounds like you have a ton of common sense and just nervous. Do not make this a hassle, stressful, or work!! The more you go rving the better your last day routine will become. If this becomes work and stressful you will start to not like rving and go less. You seem like you prepare well and you will be fine. Just keep learning and all will be well.

farside291

For your pad, consider pouring two rows of concrete 24 wide to drive on instead of one big pad. A lot less expensive.

Gulf_coast_girl, you got this!! Sounds like you have a ton of common sense and just nervous. Do not make this a hassle, stressful, or work!! The more you go rving the better your last day routine will become. If this becomes work and stressful you will start to not like rving and go less. You seem like you prepare well and you will be fine. Just keep learning and all will be well.

Ahh thanks for the kind words. Backing in, leveling and setting up are no big deal... pretty easy. For some reason it took us 2.5 hours to break down and be ready to roll... a good portion of that was spent emptying the toilet and flushing it all out and that was at the site so I'm a bit nervous about taking a lot of time at the dump station but I don't have any idea where the cleanout is at my home so until I figure that out, I'm stuck doing it all at the campgrounds. I'm sure you're right though, it will get easier and go faster the more often I do it.

I really do love having a Travel Trailer ... makes camping so much more enjoyable, especially the air conditioning :D

Carleen

I coil my water hose and attach both ends together. Keeps the water from dripping everywhere and prevents goobs from entering the hose. I also am careful not to drag the hose ends on the ground to keep dirt and debris out of them. I do this for both the water and black tank flush hose.

Also- next time you are out- go to the dump station on Sunday and watch. People do all kinds of fun things. Most- if they have a black tank flush- will flush the black tank for a good clean. Best thing is to observe the etiquette and learn from it. That's what we did last weekend! I had no idea if it was right to take the time to flush the tank or not. I haven't ever had one before.

Abear79

Rest areas sometimes have dump stations also. Just food for thought if the line is long and don't want to take long at the campground dump station. Just leave some water in you black tank, some people drop in ice to help scrub the side walls, and finish at the rest area. If you are passing one of course. Just until you get your sewer connection at home. Which is really nice to have at home.

For your pad, consider pouring two rows of concrete 24 wide to drive on instead of one big pad. A lot less expensive.

I considered that but I'm gonna get the full pad because I live at the water and the salt and humidity from wet grass between "tracks" will be bad for the undercarriage. Not to mention landing on a pad is easier than tracks and I want it to be simple to park once I get it back there.... you should see the fence opening I have to back it through, aye yai yai... talk about an adventure :D