North Trail 24RBS slide leak possibly solved!

olybldr55

I have battled two leaks in the slide since the rig was new. With the slide extended, water leaks onto the floor at both ends of the slide when raining. My rig is stored indoors full time except when out on the road. Over memorial day weekend we were at the beach and had a full day of rain. What I discovered was the water was coming from both inside bottom corners of the slide. (see picture) the water stain on the plywood is obvious. Exterior examination by many sets of eyes proclaimed all seals, gaskets and sealant fine yet the leak persisted. I believe water from the top running down the ends of the slide room entered the "L" shaped metal on the bottom of the slide on the underside of the slide. Being under the slide you would not consider this a source for a leak yet water does follow around the "L" metal then drip off. The entire edge under the slide was not sealed! It is now.

Could you check your slides (BAL is the manufacturer) and see if it's sealed on your rigs. I am curious. Have any of you had similar leaks in the bottom corners of your slides and solved the leak? Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance.
olybldr55@msn.com Gary Allsup
IMG_1637.JPG

olybldr55

Update on slide leak. Slide has not leaked since sealing the "L" metal corners at the bottom of the slide. Trailer has been rained upon many times ....all is dry and good.
Gary

rxbristol

Update on slide leak. Slide has not leaked since sealing the "L" metal corners at the bottom of the slide. Trailer has been rained upon many times ....all is dry and good.
Gary

Thanks for the post...very interesting where water can get into.