Now in So. Ca. with Bighorn with strongest frame out there

wdk450

Hi Gang:
I am now at Thousand Trails Wilderness Lakes in Menifee, close to my hometown of Hemet, Ca. I am gong to be moving around between TT Wilderness Lakes, Pio Pico (San Diego), and Palm Springs until after New Years. The $5300 rebuild to my suspension/frame has put me in a mode of no private park stays for a while until the finances catch up. I DO think I now have the strongest Bighorn Frame out there. I have pictures to upload to my "Bent Frame" thread, and commentary I hope to upload on this soon. I am just waiting to get to my brother's house in Riverside, and his unlimited fast internet.

On the "Where Are You Now" theme, the Heartland Locators Map on the "Location" link on my signature doesn't seem to work - It just shows a blank map. It took my most current data, but still shows a blank map.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Bill......Glad to see your back in So Cal and everything is fine. Hope to see you down at the So Cal rally next week. You don't need to bring the rig, just come on down and join in on the fun with the rest of us. I know Bob and others would love to see you.

So stop on by and have some fun.

wdk450

PJ & Karol
I think we will miss each other. I am just using Palm Springs as my week out between 2 - 3 week stays at Wilderness Lakes. My week in PS is Dec. 8-15th.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to find that after spending $750,000 on 50 amp electrical upgrades at Wilderness Lakes, the official map/guide has the section about the $5 electrical surcharge blacked out, and the word "Free" written in!

I might come to the potluck at Pechanga to visit. What night is that?

I am hoping to go to the Rose Parade on the bus from Wilderness Lakes on New Years Day. That was an occasional family trip from Hemet when I was a kid, but no reserved grandstand seats like with the current bus trip.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, yes please come to the rally next weekend. You dont need your coach....just eat some food at the potluck and hang out. BTW, where in Hemet??

wdk450

Bill, yes please come to the rally next weekend. You dont need your coach....just eat some food at the potluck and hang out. BTW, where in Hemet??

Bob:
If by "Where in Hemet?" you are asking where we lived, it was 235 S. Buena Vista, 2 blocks from the main drag (Florida St.), center of town.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi Bill, Could you tell me again the manufacturer of the bed saver device you had on your hitch? We're having a Rally in Sparks, NV next year September 11-13. Then we are all off to the Rally in Jackson, CA. Hope you can make it.

argyll1st

Hi all, we are flying into LAX on the 26th Nov from the UK, our new rig is sitting in storage in Torrence LA, we were going to head straight to the beach but everywhere is pretty full already, cant get into Dana point, Chrystal cove or Huntington beach state parks as we are too long 35ft and there large spots are all booked for the weekends, so I thought we would hit lake Tahoe but cant find any sites with Large spots ?? so it looks like heading towards Palm springs area for some nice weather, do you have any recommendations ?

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
argyll1st, If you were referring to Lake Tahoe, that straddles the Nevada/California state line, be aware we are calling for anywhere from 2"-12" of that white stuff called SNOW this weekend! The only campground that I'm aware of at the lake with full, winterized sites is Zephyr Cove Resort in Zephyr Cove, NV. They keep the center section open all winter with the water heat traced. They plow the driveways and will even shovel off your roof. I don't think you were going to stay that long. Safe travels.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, the potluck is Saturday about 6 ish so come on down. BTW, the potluck is in the club house.