off assembly line?

aRAYwego

I am wondering as I read through the various forums how everyone seems to know when their unit leaves the assembly line. I have had no updates other than my dealership saying that everything is on schedule. I was given a delivery date of the first week in april. Is there a way to get updates? I.e. its left assembly, in paint, iin transport? Should my dealer be giving these or is it up to me to find info?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your dealer should be able to give you that information about your rig.
But it sounds like he is kinda ignoring your requests.
If it is scheduled to be delivered in April, he should have, or be able to get the VIN.
If I were you I would ask for the VIN and call the factory explaining that your dealer is not keeping you updated and that you want to know the status.
Let us know what you find out.

Peace
Dave

alex00

I called Heartland customer service a few weeks after placing my order. They put me in touch with the regional sales rep for my area. He was able to tell me the build date and later gave me the Vin. My dealer did not have or would not give much if any info. I try not to bug them but I do feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

aRAYwego

Thanks Dave and Alex. I was able to get the vin from the dealer so I will use that and call the regional rep and see if there is any additional information available. You are right alex, just like waiting for Christmas morning. Painful. Lol

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Now the next question is has the dealership schedule the delivery date with their hauler? After the unit comes off line, it is taking to a holding area for pickup. Most dealership use a company like Horizon to pick up the unit and deliver it to the different locations. Since the weather has been so bad in northern IN, most delivery companies are behind so there might still be a wait game. Good luck.

aRAYwego

I understand its just the nature of ordering versus picking one off the lot but sure think after dropping a wad of money the customer could be kept in the the loop regarding progress made or delays encountered.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Waiting like a child for Christmas to come is understandable. If it was me and knowing that there might still be salt on the roads. I would stall the delievery until the roads are clean and dry. Some dealers with pressure wash under the coach...some will not. No sense in creating a rust issue on a new coach. JMHO

alex00

Waiting like a child for Christmas to come is understandable. If it was me and knowing that there might still be salt on the roads. I would stall the delievery until the roads are clean and dry. Some dealers with pressure wash under the coach...some will not. No sense in creating a rust issue on a new coach. JMHO
I was really planning to wait until the snow cleared for that reason. However the bug hit me hard and I gave into temptation. I plan to thoroughly clean the areas affected by salt. Hopefully a one trip stint in the salt with a good scrubbing won't destroy the underside. If it does I'll have it fixed. Luckily snow is something I see on TV or read about in books where I live.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alex00, you might be OK now as far as the roads. But just for grins and giggles, I would use a pressure washer on the underside anyway when you get it home.

aRAYwego

I'm with you Alex. Don't think I could add a self-imposed delay. The wait has already driven me crazy. Bob & Patty are probably correct that there may not be much salt left on the roads. In any case im sure a bath will be in order when she does arrive. Would be a good opportunity to get to know my addition to the family.

aRAYwego

Btw going to give my regional rep. (Jeff Howe) another call call today to check status. Left a message with him yesterday but I'm sure he is a busy person. Will let you all know what I find out

alex00

I think the India weather has thrown a big wrench in the works. I'm not sure where my trailer is but talking to Heartland they have had some pretty big delays because of the snow. I still really hate waiting. Today is exactly two months since placing my order so I can't complain. I expected this long of a wait.

chiefneon

I think the India weather has thrown a big wrench in the works. I'm not sure where my trailer is but talking to Heartland they have had some pretty big delays because of the snow. I still really hate waiting. Today is exactly two months since placing my order so I can't complain. I expected this long of a wait.

Howdy!

Alex, I know what you mean. We ordered our Cyclone 4000 in mid November. It was delivered to Camping World mid February (three months). It has now been setting on their lot for five weeks waiting for the right couch to be shipped and replaced.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

alex00

Howdy!

Alex, I know what you mean. We ordered our Cyclone 4000 in mid November. It was delivered to Camping World mid February (three months). It has now been setting on their lot for five weeks waiting for the right couch to be shipped and replaced.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

The new couch still isn't here? Wow. I'm sorry. I hope camping world has gone over the rest with a fine tooth comb so it is perfect when you pick it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We got our Bighorn last year and went through the same agonizing wait you are experiencing. We ordered in February, expecting 6 to 8 weeks and we took delivery in 13 weeks!! We only had some very minor issues that were probably caused by the 2000 mile trip to the west coast. We did a 5 hour PDI in a nasty rain storm so we didn't get a good look at some of the underside exterior until our first trip which was just a one hour shakedown drive and two niter at a nearby RV Park. We did destroy a drawer the first time we opened the rear slides as they tended to not stay shut in transit. :eek: We have since put baby latches on the drawers that could be impacted.

Good luck to you all. Waiting is tough.

sdnative and Alex00 maybe we'll meet at a west coast rally one of these days.

aRAYwego

So I talked to the area rep yesterday or the day before, cant remember, but he looked up the Vin and said my unit is in paint now. Very exciting news! He also assured me that customers rigs would get priority over dealer stock units for shipment, though he did say that they are backed up because of numerous weather delays. Just like last time I talked to him, it was a pleasure and he seemed willing and able to answer any questions I had. Still looking like first or now possibly second week in April for delivery.