Oil change- when do you do it?

JWG

I did at one time follow the DIC, but now I change my oil about every 4, 000 to 5,000 miles just to be on the safe side - filter too... Swaped out my K & N for an ACDelco high volumn air filter... I came across an independant lab test that compared several brands. It showed the AC actually outperformed all of them including the K & N... More air flow, more filtration... Go figure... I guess air filters are getting better too...

NewCyclone

Swithing to AMSOIL will not void your warranty!

With AMSOIL and oil sampling you are not only saving yourself money but also helping the environment.

Elder1

well just to add my 2 cts worth, my owners manual says 7500 miles but like many here I change every 5000 miles, its a nice easy number to remember and its cheep compared to a rebuild

lwmcguir

I use the hour meter and change at 200 hours. That way it takes in the idle time. We change the oil on our large farm tractors at 200 hours as well. Only difference is they run at full throttle most of the time on the hour meter. Keeping the air clean on a Diesel is just as important as the oil and filter.