Ordered Cyclone 3010, What are the must haves??

porthole

Retired
I ordered mine with a new aux 18 gallon tank in addition to the 30 gallon one. just trying to see if there is a fuel gauge for it like the primary tank has. figured i could never have to much gasoline for an extended trip

brett

Second tank. Wasn't available when I got ours. One fill and two tanks or two fills?
Must be in the area that the the Lippert storage boxes went.

rustyshakelford

Second tank. Wasn't available when I got ours. One fill and two tanks or two fills?
Must be in the area that the the Lippert storage boxes went.

the way i understand it that it is two separate tanks. im not sure what will be plumbed from them. one might be for the genny and the other might be of the fuel station, i guess ill let yall know what i find out when we get up there. I was trying to avoid having to carry spare gas cans when they told me about this new option, but i have been unable to find any additional info yet

brett

porthole

Retired
the way i understand it that it is two separate tanks. im not sure what will be plumbed from them. one might be for the genny and the other might be of the fuel station, i guess ill let yall know what i find out when we get up there. I was trying to avoid having to carry spare gas cans when they told me about this new option, but i have been unable to find any additional info yet

brett

As long as you can use the pump from one to the other.
I have yet to use a tank of fuel during the season.

And, just so you know - unless the design has been changed, the 30 gallon tank is really 28 and you will be lucky to get 25 in it.
The fill is close to the level of the tank and makes filling a little slow.

But, with the fill at that level there is no intrusion into the garage as in other toy haulers.

For me it is a non issue, I'd rather have the floor space

This picture is SOB

Attachments

• garage fuel tank.JPG
    garage fuel tank.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 41

Vtxkid

brett

Yeah, I for one would be interested in knowing Heartlands thoughts on adding another fuel tank and how it is hooked into the system...

Vtxkid

As long as you can use the pump from on to the other.
I have yet to use a tank of fuel during the season.

And, just so you know - unless the design has been changed, teh 30 gallon tank is really 28 and you will be lucky to get 25 in it.
The fill is close to the level of the tank and makes filling a little slow.

But, with fill at that level there is no intrusion into the garage as in other toy haulers.

For me it is a non issue, I'd rather have the floor space

This picture is SOB

I agree with you Duane, I have yet to use the fuel station myself with the exception of testing it out to ensure it works. All my fuel has gone to our Onan!

porthole

Retired
I use the fuel, just haven't gone through a whole tank. And I have been using it more towards the end of the season, either in the bike at home or even filling the lawn mowers.

I have found though, with the Levelup I can lift the left side of the trailer a bit to aid in getting the fuel in. Don't do it too often and only at a slow station. And that limits me because I stick to Shell premium in the fuel cell.

rustyshakelford

I use the fuel, just haven't gone through a whole tank. And I have been using it more towards the end of the season, either in the bike at home or even filling the lawn mowers.

I have found though, with the Levelup I can lift the left side of the trailer a bit to aid in getting the fuel in. Don't do it too often and only at a slow station. And that limits me because I stick to Shell premium in the fuel cell.

do you add seafoam or staybil in the fuel cell?

brett

Riverman

This picture is SOB
<FIELDSET class=postcontent><LEGEND>//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=11642&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1295196497 </FIELDSET>
Im sure glad we don't have that fill spout eyesore in our Cyclone garages, although I see the SOB did manage to get the garage entry door swing right!

Riverman

The slider is nice, but you have no rear bathroom in the 3010.
Would be nice if Heartland would change the 3950 door to swing inwards.
Would be nice to be able to open the door with ATV's loaded in the back.

porthole

Retired
The slider is nice, but you have no rear bathroom in the 3010.

The 3010 has no room for a rear head. I really like that option too. But When we bought our trailer I was looking for something that absolutely would not require a different truck.

Yeah - let me know how that worked out for me :rolleyes:

Vtxkid

Personally, I wanted the duel axle.
Back to the "must haves". I think the ceramic electric heater was mentioned but that would of been for the main area. You might want to get you a second one for the garage when the slider is closed. :)

rustyshakelford

thanks for all the advise! I took my rhino over to my neighbors that has a 3010 and tried to see if my rhino would fit as it sits. Looks like im going to have to bring an air compressor to refill the tires after i air them down for the drive. It will barely fit with about 6" to spare.

I will go back through this thread and come up with a list of all the stuff we will need to get for the trip!

Does anyone know the approx pin height when level? I will be setting up my companion hitch tomorrow and was just wanting a ballpark to adjust it too. found a steal of a deal on craigslist friday!

thanks and stay warm

brett

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Brent, the only thing I would add is....get as much as you can at Wally-World (Wal-Mart). They have the same things as most RV stores except cheaper. Plastic forks, plates, glass's and coffee cups. You need to keep the weight down and not have broken glass on the floor.

rustyshakelford

Outside items:

Wheel Chocks
Coax Cable
Longer sewer hose with clean connector and flush out
Longer H20 Hose
H20 pressure regulator
50 amp to 30 amp adapter
Leveling blocks
Level on the front and side of trailer
Gloves for sewer connections
Holding tank chems
Tote for Hoses
Sta-bil

Inside:

Electric heater for living room/Bedroom
Kitchen supplies
Bottled H20
Movies
Bedding(sheets, pillows, blanket)
Toiletries (Towels, TP, Soaps)
Long stick lighter
Paper towels

Truck:

Tools
1/2" drive socket set

How does the list sound so far? I have gone thru the tread and tried to gather all the suggestions for supplies. I will try to get the majority of things at walmart before heading north!

thanks and if im missing some things please let me know!

brett

mountain1

I suggest you check your wiring after you bring the slides in. My electrical lighting wires and others were in such a position that they rubbed on the tires as we went down the road. I had to strap them up so they did not wear through.
I carry a jump starter everywhere I go in the RV. Although I have never had to use it myself plenty of others have needed it. Not an immediate item.