outside spray port

detrowe

I just purchaced a 06 3055rl BigHorn. It has a outside spray port on the awning side. Can you tell me what exactly its used for??

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I have and 08 3055rl and don't understand what you mean by spray port.

detrowe

Behind my outside door, there is a connection for a hose with a cover over it that says Spray Port. You can lift the cover & use a quick connect to hook up a hose.
Thought it was for cleaning my Black water tank, but that is on the other side. Hooked a hose up to it & I got water out my sinks, without using the city water hook up.

detrowe

No it is on the opposite side from the outside shower. It's on the door & awning side. Maybe it's a outside hookup for a hose to wash trailer. You don't have it on yours??

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
No, I don't have that on mine, my question is are you getting water out of the sink by back preasure? It may just be a aux hose hookup and not being connected to city water you may be getting back flow to sinks. Just a guess.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
No it is on the opposite side from the outside shower. It's on the door & awning side. Maybe it's a outside hookup for a hose to wash trailer. You don't have it on yours??

I think the '07 model year was the last for these . I have 2 one like yours and 1 in the UDC , they are for nothing special ,just a water source.

detrowe

That makes sense to me. I only have the blue coiled hose, but not the hose sprayer.
Thanks for the reply, now I can sleep tonight. Ha Ha

BHEWITTJR

I have a 2006 3400RL and it has the same thing. The blue coil hose has a quick conect one one end and just a regular garden hose nozzle on the other. I use it mostly for cleaning the grill after dinner.

jayc

Legendary Member
We had one on our previous '07 Bighorn 3055. I never used it but just before selling it when we bought the 3370 that we have now, I tried it and got soaked. The hose had about a million tiny holes in it. I guess I could have used it for a soaker hose on the lawn.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I use my all the time. It is great for putting water on the camp fire before retiring for the night. Also for washing off the mud and sand at the camp site. You can buy an adapter that fits the quick disconnect and has a MPT for a standard hose. Also great when dry camping, allows you to have a pressurized source of water. It is a shame that they removed this option on the newer units.

dieselsweetheart

The PA rally campfires are always extremely large so it comes in handy putting out the flames before we go inside for the night...

SilverRhino

I wish that my 2010 BC had just such a water source.

I do about 98% of our cooking outside.....a water source on the door side would really be handy. Our previous 5th wheel, SOB, had the outside shower at the back of the unit, used it a lot to water dogs and as a water source for cooking.

jimtoo

My 06 3055 came with the coiled blue hose and sprayer and connection on the door side.... figured it was to put out the fire in the bar-b-que pit when the hamburgers or winners started burning...:)