Votes: 10 2.8%

Votes: 35 9.9%

Votes: 103 29.3%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 185 52.6%

• Total voters

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well Joel...I can tell you this. Heartland's may not be technically considered 4 season coaches, but that hasn't stopped us from living in our Bighorn for almost three years. We've experienced temps from over 100 to close to zero...with ZERO issues! We've stayed comfortable in all types of weather...never had anything freeze up, nor have our hydraulics ever failed, and we've added a Level-Up system to the original hydraulic pump and tank.

Not to say these things haven't happened to others...I'm sure they have, but a little planning and maintenance and these units are great fulltime rigs...JMHO.

lwmcguir

Add the double pane window option on your HL if you are considering the cold weather camping. A few other tweaks and you will be good. Main thing is get started now, what are you waiting for?

caissiel

This is our 1st year with our BC, so far with a few mods, we are very satisfied with the heartland product. Service I don't have any experience but the management listens well. Lippert????? I have to wait and see, hope it works out. No worst the previous units.

rckc228

We are on our second. First was a Bighorn 3670 and the second is a Landmark Augusta both have been great rigs.

JoelC

Well, I am going to raise some eyebrows. I have done a lot of research on this forum and in other places whether I should purchase a Landmark or not. Sorry, to say I have found more negative issues with the Heartland products than positive. The inside of the Landmark is beautiful, but there have been some major issues with Lippert parts and their service. I even emailed Heartland and did not get a satisfying answer, although prompt. I do realize that other manufactures use Lippert parts, but had not come across issues. Perhaps, Lippert makes some parts to RV manufacture specifications.

To sum up, we will be getting either a used K-Z Escalade or a Mobile Suites.

I want to commend the Heartland forum. It is the best one I have ever seen. Keep up the good work.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
JoelC - sorry to hear that you probably wouldn't consider a Heartland product. I have been in the other shoes - having a KZ product with sooo many problems that I wouldn't even consider rigs made by them every again. We have been in three 5th wheelers, with the last 2 being Heartlands. Our current rig, a Big Country, we have had since Feb 2007, pulled over 25k miles and haven't had any major problems. It's like any product made, there are good ones and bad ones out there. This forum is great with people reaching out for assistance or information to help improve their rigs. And remember, Lippert mades frames for a lot of other RV manufacturer and they also have the same problems. It's not exclusive just to Heartland rigs. Heartland makes a good product and hopefully you would re-consider looking at them again.

Bob&Ellen

Funny you should ask...

We have had a GREAT year in our 2010 North Country LS 26BH. In fact, we had so much fun that yesterday (01/16/10) at the St. Louis RV Show we bought a bigger one!
Our dealer, Bill Thomas Camper Sales, in Wentzville, MO has addressed every question and little problem we've had. We're very pleased with the dealer support. For example, the first few times we made a 90 degree turn the trailer's electric cord unplugged itself from the back end of the truck! Being newbies, we didn't realize the problem at first, and would just pull over, jump out into traffic, and plug it back in. When we showed up at Bill Thomas Camper Sales and mentioned that the trailer kept unplugging itself when we made a turn they pulled it in and changed out the cord for a longer one, at no charge. We were told that the trailer came with wiring and the cord had been installed at the dealer's, so it wasn't a Heartland problem at all, and hasn't been a problem since.
So...not only would we buy another Heartland trailer, we just did!

Teresa

:rolleyes:I am an absolute "newbie", but Jim & Sheila...You have not yet documented Washington State....come up and visit us. Hubby and I have been doing so much research on 5th wheels that my brain is about ready to explode...we thought we finally had the decision made until we went to an RV show this past weekend. We happen to hear someone make the comment regarding doing the "trampoline test" on the slide outs. Well, our original product we have scrapped the idea and are now in the process of trying to buy a Big Country. We are excited....scanning through the KOA and Good Sam campgrouds (we have 3 kids). I am hoping that by reading this thread I will pick up I will get some god information....so far so good.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome Teresa! Since WA doesn't have a chapter of the Owners Club yet, come on down to Oregon when you get your new rig. We would love to have you.

If you are ready by June, we have a rally planned. Here is the link to the thread.

2010 Oregon Rally

Kristy

dynaguy

We would definetly buy again and only from lakeshore rv in michigan, the price, service and staff are awesome, any prospective buyers should take the time to check out there dealership at www.lakeshore-rv.com Say hi to John S. he's an honest and respectful salesman. DG

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I would definitely buy another Heartland product. As much as I tell Jim in posts regarding "technology" it is just to keep them on top. The QC issue's thrown around here on the forum more visibly sometimes than other posts are not a fair quorum of real world RV issues. Heartland is far form the worst offender on quality control. The posts I razz Jim B. regarding is no more like a warning to stay on top with technology that is available, is also available for no more than what they are spending/cost now and is starting to show-up in competitors models. I have drank the kool-aid but I want them to stay in top form!

happycampernc

YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! We would buy another Heartland. If we could we would buy one now but we have to wait a few years.

28BHS

YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! We would buy another Heartland. If we could we would buy one now but we have to wait a few years.

Hi,

We have the same trailer. Our only concern is that when it rains our slide leaks water into the trailer. Have you had any problems with yours? If so can you suggest any solutions.

happycampernc

We have not had any problems with our Heartland. Look up at the seal it might be bent if it is just slide something under it and pull it out. it's only made of rubber so it is easy to pull. we had to do it a few times.

happycampernc

Maddycamper do u even own a Heartland? We have had ours for a little over 2 years and love it. Would love to buy a Grey Stone but will have to wait a little while on it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Acoording to their website they own a Sundance. It does appear they may have had or still have some issues. It is unfortunate that people feel they have to resort to immature bashing to get attention.
Kind of like kindergarten isn't it?

JoelC

Re: I'll stand with Lefty on this.

I for one would not purchase a Heartland. They do make a good looking 5er and they are rated well, but I have read too many horror stories about Lippert parts. Until they have better QC for this supplier and do not have major issues with things like axles, suspension etc. I will remain dedicated to other brands. I do realize that other companies use Lippert, but I do not see as many horror stories concerning failure. So, I not only blame Lippert for shipping Heartland an inferior product, but also blame Hartland for not inspecting incoming shipments to higher standards so that there will not be failures.

happycampernc

Re: I'll stand with Lefty on this.

You are so right Southern Nights. If you don't like something then ok but to put up a site like they did was just wrong. We've had a very good relations with our service people and with Heartland. Jim B is a great guy.