Portable generator storage

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I feel it's a pita to get it in and out of the front storage.

Getting anything out of that front compartment is a PITA. It holds my "if I need it stuff" and obviously many days go by without the need to open it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Since we only use our a couple of times a year we store ours in the front compartment and have never smelled any gas in the camper from it. We have the rack on back of camper that we put it on too if need be however, since we put the rack on the back I now add it measurements to the length of our unit when going to campgrounds or stopping anywhere over night as some places it could be an issue. Good luck in your search

CDN

B and B
I store my 4 kw Powerhouse in the truck bed in front of the hitch. I use a home AC cover to cover it up. No name on it. When parked I have a soft tonneau cover I roll over the bed. I load the generator at the start of the season and leave it there till fall. It is heavy and weighs 145 lbs so only someone really strong is going to try and lift it over the hitch to steal it.

I run the generator in the same spot, made a special cord from 30 amp twist to 50 amp to get closer to the power reel.

carl.swoyer

Get a mobility wheel chair lift. It has a 90° base and a pipe sets into it. On top of the pipe an arm that pivots with a DC motor, a sling for lifting and forward and reverse

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dbbls59

I carry my Honda's in the basement. Did use the front storage area but it was a pita to put in or out. No odor problem.

justafordguy

I keep mine in the front compartment where the factory one would be. I have installed a 50 amp plug in the front compartment. The few times I need it (like during the hurricane we just had here in Florida) I set it under the over hang and run a short cable to the 50 amp plug. Works like a champ and never any fuel smell in the compartment while being stored.

Oregon_Camper

Get a mobility wheel chair lift. It has a 90° base and a pipe sets into it. On top of the pipe an arm that pivots with a DC motor, a sling for lifting and forward and reverse

Whoa....how heavy IS your generator? :confused:

Original question was about portable generators. ;)

carl.swoyer

Original question referred to pita Getting portable genset out of the front compartment.
Whoa! Must be army

Oregon_Camper

Original question referred to pita Getting portable genset out of the front compartment.
Whoa! Must be army

Subject is "Portable generator storage" and question was where store...no mention of PITA of getting from any compartment. :rolleyes:

carl.swoyer

I stand corrected. It was someone else's observation. Just The same another way to get a portable genset stored.
Where's the attitude from.

carl.swoyer

Please read the entire post. "Where to store"??
Some folks are using Honda 3000 or Yamaha 3000 So they can run the ac. An alternative to leaving such an expensive item in the open is using the forward Compartment to store it.
Using a wheelchair lift makes such an amazing idea easy to access and deploy a PORTABLE GENSET.

Oldelevatorman

I store my 2 Predator 2000's in the front storage compartment of my Landmark. Start them up once a month. Just for an emergency on the road since I don't dry camp! Hope to have solar at some point.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I store my 2 Predator 2000's in the front storage compartment of my Landmark. Start them up once a month. Just for an emergency on the road since I don't dry camp! Hope to have solar at some point.

How have your Predator generators worked for you?? I have watched a ton of YouTube videos on them. Most have been positive. I have a bunch of HF gift cards I got from work and they are burning a hole in my pocket.

Oldelevatorman

I haven't had an occasion to use them yet. Just been starting them up on the first of every month. When we get back to NorCal in a couple weeks I'll give them a good run under load. We're currently in Moab!

carl.swoyer

Trying to figure out how to get a video from Facebook to this post on portable genset storage.