Possible Purchase 3300ck

Hello everyone, and thank you. This is an excellent forum due to the willingness of all to help out where they can.

I recently sold our 2006 Keystone Springdale bunk house TT, it served us well and friend was looking for a nice trailer so my wife and I decided it may be a good time to upgrade. We have 3 kids and numerous neices and nephews all 7 and under and all thoughly enjoy camping. I have been all over the internet looking for a possible new 5th wheel. I am a bit surprised at how few floor plans fit my request. 1st all slides must be on the drivers side, I just don't like how it breaks up the awning side of the camper, which leads to the 2nd, have an out door kitchen, and 3rd be a bunk house. We go camping to stay outside as much possible, and sleep as many as we can comfortable especially with the kids getting into school now and wanting to take friends. I own a 2005 chevrolet 2500, with the 8.1 and ally trans and rarely travel more than 100 miles one way for the weekend.

That being said, does anyone have and suggestions or opinions on the Sundance 3300ck? It is a little bit heavier than other comparable floor plans of other makes. Not real worried about teh weight since I really dont travel that far, and that 8.1 can certainly handle it. Thanks in advance, Jesse

jimtoo

Hi Jesse,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think your headed in the right direction and the Sundance is a nice unit. I'm sure you will get more suggestions soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Splash

We just bought a 3300CK this past November. I have an 06 Chevrolet 4WD CC with the Duramax/Allison that we use to pull it, and have no issues thus far. We probably have about 3000 miles so far with our longest trip being probably 300 miles one-way. The main thing we liked about it was the way the bunk room was laid out. We found it was the best compromise between beds/wardrobe. At first the outside kitchen wasn't a big deal, since I already packed most of this stuff around with the other trailer. Now having all that stuff setup already with the open of a hatch is pretty sweet. The only thing we don't really care for is the bunk room isn't accessible with the slides in, but it was one of those things where we had to weight our options on what we liked best. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Micky

Thank you both. Spalsh, in your rear bunk bedroom is your lower a couch /fold out bed or a trundle. I ask becasue I have seen it both ways and actually preffer the bed, but everytime I see the couch option it also has the chair and table dinnete, which I would rather not have. Also I have seen a difference of $15,000 as far as advertised price on these units, just curious why the spread. Thanks again.

Splash

We have the trundle in bunk room. The kitchen we have the dinette booth, but we were tole we could also get the table and chairs instead if wanted. Ours listed for I think the MSRP on ours was $54,393.00 but the price we bought it for was around $??,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geodude

We're interested in this floor plan, but in a Greystone. We like the non-white look of it. The floor plan seems to offer all the features we want, such as master bedroom with a slide, main bathroom in one room, flexible sleeping space in the back, reasonable tank sizes, outside kitchen (we've been debating that vs. a half bath in the rear), overall decent weight and length. What I would like to have is a bigger fresh water tank and it also looks like there's room for a longer awning. Will the factory make those changes for me?

We'll be towing with a 2011 F-350 diesel so weight will be a big non-issue.

jimtoo

Hi Geodude,

I have been looking at the floor plans of the Greystone and Sundance. They look almost identical. I do not think there is room for a larger fresh water tank, on any of the units as far as that goes, and looking at the slope of the roof line in the pictures I do not think it would be possible to put a longer awning on the unit and still have clearance for the door to open with out really rubbing on the awning. There is possibly a way your dealer could order it without the awning and then you have a longer one installed if you wanted.

Jim M

Geodude

Splash - If your camper is handy, I was wondering if you might be able to measure the dimensions of the beds. I have found a dealer with this model in stock but it's a three-hour drive. If the beds aren't big enough there's no point in making the drive as it's a deal-breaker for my wife.

Any help would be appreciated.

Geodude

We drove to Campkin's RV north of Whitby yesterday to see a Greystone 33CK "in the flesh". The quality and features appeared very good and I think this is the right floor plan for our needs at the present time. My younger daughter was with me to give her opinion, test the bed sizes, etc. and she took some pictures and video to show the boss. Back home, the boss says we should go for it but she doesn't want the antique white upper cabinets.

I was hoping our kayaks could go in through the back window and sit on the floor of the main cabin for travel however the kayaks are 14'4" and the main cabin is 12'6" before the slide comes in, so it will be even less. There may be a way to do it at an angle, with a bit of experimentation. If not, they'll go out over the front of the truck on a goal-post rack.