Power (12 or 110 Volt) Issue

Rdsharp

Ok, we think we may have found the trouble.. the GFCI on the inverter will not work. No power coming from the GFCI switch. We can not pop it back in..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Ok, we think we may have found the trouble.. the GFCI on the inverter will not work. No power coming from the GFCI switch. We can not pop it back in..

The inverter must be turned on, and have battery power in order to reset its GFCI outlet.

If it still won't reset, unplug the transfer switch cord from the inverter and try again.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It is the little black manual reset button on the side of "probably" the first or last breaker in the row. It's on the side of it. Push it in

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rdsharp

We have done that several times.. nothing is working. We are in Albuquerque, we are going to a dealership in the am..

danemayer

If the GFCI on the inverter won't reset, either 1) it's not getting power from the batteries, 2) it's not turned on, 3) the refrigerator's transfer switch or the refrigerator has a problem causing it to trip and stay tripped, or 4) the inverter is bad.

If your batteries are depleted because of another problem, you won't be able to reset the inverter's GFCI.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

From what I've seen in the past It is
#1) that breaker
#2) your master switch is off
#3) your batteries are dead or disconnect

If you want help tonight PM me and I'll give you my number and we can walk through some testing.

Jerrod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not sure what's happening with my phone and Tapatalk but I'm not getting all of the posts until after I post an answer from an older post, then after I hit send all of the newer post come through and makes it look like I'm way behind in the conversation. Which I am 🤔

Rdsharp

It's in the shop, they have no idea what's wrong?? We are in a motel for the night, maybe 3 😃😂😅😀

Rdsharp

Ok, we are done at Camping World.. They discovered our problem??? It was the button that you use to put the slide-out out.. it was stuck!!! It was causing power surges and tripped the GFI on the inverter. We could not get it to reset, but they were able too after they found the main cause of everything... So we are happily "On the Road Again"!!! 😃😊

danemayer

Ok, we are done at Camping World.. They discovered our problem??? It was the button that you use to put the slide-out out.. it was stuck!!! It was causing power surges and tripped the GFI on the inverter. We could not get it to reset, but they were able too after they found the main cause of everything... So we are happily "On the Road Again"!!! 😃😊

The slide out button was stuck and you didn't notice any motor noises?

Rdsharp

It assent making any noises??? Just the power surges?? The guys at the service center said it took them hours to discover what the problem was?? It was crazy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Boy it doesn't sound right to me. You should have had 12 circuit breaker tripping
Nothing to do with the 12v to 120v invertor
The invertor is wired through a fuse from the batteries to the invertor.
So that seems really odd to me but maybe I'm missing something here. 🤔

Rdsharp

It was odd to us too. But we are parked for the night and everything is working fabulously!!!!

wdk450

Maybe this somehow involves a self-resetting circuit breaker (like all but 1 of the DC circuit breakers on the 12 volt bussbar), that won't apply power again until the overcurrent trip load is removed (slide switch turned OFF). I would expect the slideout motor to be a 12 volt DC type (so the inverter shouldn't be involved in this) so that the slide can be moved without turning on AC power to the trailer.

Oregon_Camper

I think Camping World might have stumbled across something that resolved your issue, but the slide out switch stuck just can't be the answer.

Why you ask? Well, you moved from location to location (campground...sisters house...next location)....if the slide out switch was stuck, then the slide would have attempted to slide out (or in).

One more thing...the switch is 12v (pretty sure) and the GFI is 120v.....tell me how these are tied together and the slide switch could cause the GFI to trip?? :confused:

Glad your issue is behind you, but I am 99.9999999% sure it was not the slide out switch.

danemayer

I think Camping World might have stumbled across something that resolved your issue, but the slide out switch stuck just can't be the answer.

Why you ask? Well, you moved from location to location (campground...sisters house...next location)....if the slide out switch was stuck, then the slide would have attempted to slide out (or in).

One more thing...the switch is 12v (pretty sure) and the GFI is 120v.....tell me how these are tied together and the slide switch could cause the GFI to trip?? :confused:

Glad your issue is behind you, but I am 99.9999999% sure it was not the slide out switch.

You have a great point about the slide having be used.

There is a slight connection on the electrical in that the GFCI is on the refrigerator's inverter and it needs 12V DC from the batteries in order to invert the 12V to 120V AC, or even to reset the GFCI.

It'll be great if the problem is really solved, but it sure seems hard to see the switch as the cause.