Quad steps

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Duane

When I measured Keiths steps at the OBX rally I was surprised that the rise was not the same from step to step. I didn't write the measurements down but I remember they ranged from 7 to 7 1/2. Huge differnece for steps.
I also dont know if they were Lipperts or ETD.

I do know the frame box for the steps was 3/8" narrower than my frame box on the BC.

2010augusta

The ETD box is right at 27" wide and the rise is 7" for the 1-2, 2-3, and 4-door steps and 8.25" for the 3-4 step. hope this helps you.

kkamshop

They are straight, and are direct from Elkhart tool & Die. The curved ones are from lippert, and Heartland has not ever used the lippert quad-steps, according to lippert.

Our Augusta has the curved steps and they are quite 'bouncy', we have talked about replacing with the ETD quad set as they were on the LM on display at the national rally and felt quite solid.

Give us a report and update on your steps Alan after you've had them for a while please.

2010augusta

Give us a report and update on your steps Alan after you've had them for a while please.

I can update later, but I am keeping my support system under the steps from now on. I will not let these steps start to fail. How's that saying "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I feel the same way about parts failing when I know I can prevent it.

These new steps are are so much higher that I had to put a 8" cinder block under the stand instead of 3" pavers. And now we are considering a step platform at the bottom for a fifth step, as the first step is 17" off the ground, and that is a doozy.

I donated the old quad steps to an SOB here at the park to replace their triple steps, so his wife will have an easier entry in to there trailer. They have the bottom three steps setting on cinder blocks and boards now, but they are just happy to have the extra step.;)